Drinking only milk and not eating anything

Has anyone of you drank only milk for a long time without eating anything? not to lose weight or necessary to maintain weight, but as a test?
I've done a test on a short term to see how my body would react and nothing bad happened. I'd like to try this on a longer term now, because I'm taking enough calcium and protein from 2-3 liters of milk everyday. plus, I still have the energy to jump rope when I come home at 5 p.m and I'm awake from 4-5 a.m.
If you want to tell me this is insane, it would be a waste of time, taking in consideration the fact that some of us have stronger bodies. if I will feel different and I must stop, then I will. but i'd like to know if I should expect anything. i don't have lactose intolerance and i always drank milk

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Ah.... good luck?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    What is the purpose of the test?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Do you have a goal? Or is there a point?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    KaidenN7 wrote: »
    Has anyone of you drank only milk for a long time without eating anything?

As an infant. It seems to have worked out okay. Not cow's milk, though.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Um why??
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Troll
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    I think I heard that in the UK, they have patients drink only milk for several days before gastric bypass surgery. It shrinks the liver, or something like that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Milk alone isn't appropriate nutrition for a BABY, let alone an adult...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    KaidenN7 wrote: »
    Has anyone of you drank only milk for a long time without eating anything? not to lose weight or necessary to maintain weight, but as a test?
    I've done a test on a short term to see how my body would react and nothing bad happened. I'd like to try this on a longer term now, because I'm taking enough calcium and protein from 2-3 liters of milk everyday. plus, I still have the energy to jump rope when I come home at 5 p.m and I'm awake from 4-5 a.m.
    If you want to tell me this is insane, it would be a waste of time, taking in consideration the fact that some of us have stronger bodies. if I will feel different and I must stop, then I will. but i'd like to know if I should expect anything. i don't have lactose intolerance and i always drank milk

What exactly are you 'testing'??
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    What exactly are you testing?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited January 2015
    spyglass_on_why.jpg

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Did a mama cow just give birth to you? Then no, bad idea
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    giphy.gif
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    I have but it was about 38 years ago, can't really remember =D
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Yes. I did this from birth to about 9 months old with no ill effects. I haven't tried it since, though. I think if I tried it now, I'd feel like crap because I wouldn't be getting enough iron, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A, or potassium.
  • Lebatsirk
    Lebatsirk Posts: 27 Member
    Breastmilk is appropriate nutrition for a baby, but that's because it contains a lot more nutrients than the cow's milk that adults drink. Not sure I'd go on a milk-only diet as an adult though...
  • girlr94
    girlr94 Posts: 38 Member
    My friend became lactose intolerant BECAUSE he drank too much milk. He bought a load of Nesquik as a student and ended up drinking 2 pints a day for a solid couple of weeks. Safe to say he quickly gave up once his body started rejecting it. Besides, it doesn't have all the nutrients to sustain a person anyway. I wouldn't risk it...
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    my friend's mom existed on 1/2 cup of milk 3 times a day for about a year and a half. it's all she would accept to eat. but she had dementia and was in a nursing home. other than that, it seems rather drastic. and she went from around 115 pounds to around 78 to 80 pounds when she did pass away. it wasn't a good thing for her or her family.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Milk blows. I haven’t had a glass of milk in 20+ years.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    As a mental health therapist, I have worked with a handful of clients who have disordered eating where they severely limit themselves to one or two types of food...it is not healthy nor recommended. I'd recommend you talk to your doctor about what you are eating and how often...they're probably going to recommend you talk to a mental health professional.