doing everything right but not losing weight

Options
13»

Replies

• weightlossme
    Options
    just do clarify - my daily Gym workout means weight machines and a whole lot of squats, planks, and push ups, so I am doing something that would build muscle and yes - muscle is forming quite quickly.
    -
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    just do clarify - my daily Gym workout means weight machines and a whole lot of squats, planks, and push ups, so I am doing something that would build muscle and yes - muscle is forming quite quickly.
    -
    To grow new muscle, you have to be in a calorie surplus. You also have to be doing a progressive overload program. Getting stronger =/= adding muscle.

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    -
    To grow new muscle, you have to be in a calorie surplus. You also have to be doing a progressive overload program. Getting stronger =/= adding muscle.

Not to mention that as a female the OP is not going to build muscle quickly, even in a caloric surplus.

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    -

Not to mention that as a female the OP is not going to build muscle quickly, even in a caloric surplus.
    Nobody believes that until they try it. Some people have an easier time than others, just based on their genetics, but for the most part it's harder than heck for women to build muscle. We have to lift like a beast AND eat like a beast, and even then it's slooooooow.