Tell me about FitBit

Options
13»

Replies

• michellechawner
    Options
    I just got my fitbit yesterday, and so far I love it!

I have the One, and It's linked to my home and work computers so it syncs every 15 minutes to whichever computer has the dongle attached.

I followed my instructions to log EVERYTHING in MFP and not log it in the fitbit, when it comes to food. I use it as an exercise adjuster and to track my sleep, as I have medical issues and it's good to have it all on record. MFP was way overestimating my calories burned, so now I have a more accurate view of what's going on.
  • makingmeapriority
    Options
    I LOVE my fitbit. I have the Ultra (The closest thing that compares is the ONE). I wear it EVERY day. It pushes me to make my daily goal and encourages me when I am close but sedentary. I also love that you can build a group to "compete" against. My group is wildly varied but I have one I try to beat every week, which gives me a really lofty goal. I love mine and am considering upgrading to the wrist one. I really wish they'd make a waterproof one so I could do laps or wear it everywhere. The only times I have forgotten it was when I started in one outfit and changed my mind requiring a bra change and forgot to transfer it. Mine was a gift and I can say that had I not had one before, I'd never have shelled out $100 for what I viewed as a glorified pedometer. TOTALLY worth it now! LOVE LOVE LOVE. I've had it a year now and adore it!!!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I just received my new one in the mail. My original one still works, but after a year or so of being clipped to bras, the plastic was cracking, and I figured it was time to upgrade. I NEVER leave home without it.

It's not just a pedometer, although it's also not a HRM. What I like is that it pretty accurately tracks how many flights of steps I go up each day. I try to beat the previous day's number. If you're more of a serious athlete, a more in-depth product might meet your needs.

It seems accurate to me. I've lined the numbers it gives me for calorie burns up against mfp's estimates, as well as livestrong's, etc. I'm happy with it. And the free website that tracks my stats is easy to use. I find that I rarely track my food there, though-- mfp's database is much better. I don't sync my fitbit up to mfp. I only track "real" exercise on mfp, not my daily steps or stairs.

The sleep measure feature is terrific.

I've had friends who were not happy with the lack of e-mail response from customer service, but I've had awesome service. I lost the wristband (for sleep). It was my fault, but they replaced it, free of charge. I had another minor issue later, and they were super-quick and helpful. I have no complaints.