What's in Orlando fl besides the parks?

Options
helenarriaza
helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
Really.

Not trying to offend anyone, but I get to travel for free every 29035047534890 years and I want to do something different.

I'm going to be there feb 23-27 and I already visited the parks on previous trips.

Not really interested in being on a full tourist mode; so... are there any other cool things to see/do?

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Eat some gator, go to the beach
  • KristopherK1
    KristopherK1 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    Beaches nearby.
    Gatorland is alright for a few hours.
    We have an Art Museum, but so does every other major city.
    I'm not sure if the ginormous Ferris Wheel will be open by then.
    There's a whole road (International Drive) dedicated to tourists who visit, but isn't really 'theme park.'
    Disney Westside is not theme park, but still Disney
    Lego land
    Universal Citywalk same as Disney Westside
    Honestly if it isn't the parks you're after, then it should be the beach you enjoy - but Orlando is smack dab in the middle, so you'll have a bit of a drive one way or the other.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Disney parks, Universal, and all the water parks all fun, but for something different go to Downtown Orlando there's fun bars, restaurants, MOMA. They have city events down there http://www.downtownorlando.com/ will have info and calender of events.

"Downtown Disney" - food, shopping, Gameworks, movie theater (Universal has similar thing, not as big - "City Walk"). House of Blues is in Downtown Disney they have concerts there, see if anyone is playing when you're there. La Nouba a Cirque du Soleil show is there too, in the giant white tent.

Beaches - Cocoa is like an hour away, Daytona and Canaveral National Seashore is a little over an hour away. Beautiful beaches, boat tours, fishing expeditions, rent jet-skis/boats, national parks, shopping, bars, food, etc.

Gatorland is interesting if you never experiences gators, I guess. You can see everything in an hour probably.

International Drive - shopping, food, bars, tourist trap.

Two outlet malls close by.

Tampa, St. Pete, and Clearwater are hour+ away. Tampa has Ybor for your nightlife (clubs, bars), restaurants - awesome Cuban food, MOMA. St. Pete/Clearwater more (beautiful) beaches, Clearwater is more for tourists - nice, but crowded lots of cool shops around - You can ride on a huge pirate ship. St. Pete Beach is less crowded (way better beaches IMO, but I am local and don't care for tourist beach, so maybe I am biased) and the Dali museum is there. Boat tours, fishing expeditions, rent jet-skis/boats, national parks, shopping, bars, food, etc.

Have fun! Go explore.