Partial Gastrectomy... any help / advice?

Options
Hi, about 9 months ago I had a partial gastrectomy (70% of my stomach removed) for medical reasons. I was wondering if anyone else has had this done and if there are any diet advice they can offer? I cannot handle "big" meals anymore but finding it difficult to know what I can / cant eat and when.
Any advice welcome :)

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it sounds like you might benefit from seeing a nutritionist. Your situation is rather specific.
  • woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am still seeing my surgeon and am in contact with a dietician, I just wondered if anyone else is in this situation and how they cope.
    It is rather specific, but I know it is also very similar to a gastric band so wondered if there is anyone else in my kind of situation.
    I knew it was a long shot :(
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    You had a sleeve gastrectomy it sounds like, so other people with that procedure perhaps can tell you their experiences.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    You might also try Googling "gastric band forum".
  • woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a sleeve gastronomy as such. I had a stomach tumour and when they went to remove it they realised they hatheyake 70% of my stomach out with it. This means I can no longer tolerate sugar and have to have 6 meals / snacks a day instead of the normal 3 meals a day.
    Just wondering how many other people are in this position and what they have for their snacks / small meals to get the nutrition and protein we need.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Well sleeve gastrectomy (also called gastric sleeve) folks will probably have the closest experience to you. Good luck!