effectiveness of using this site

Options
Hi, I'm new starting this weekend on sunday. I just was wondering how effective this site has been for helping us that can't seem to be consistent to stay on track? I'm hoping this will be a good tool to help keep the course. If anyone has any suggestions on being more consistent, please feel free to share. Good luck to all who are on this journey with me!!!!

Replies

• Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have lost 105 lbs and still have 145 to lose. I feel like the key to being consistent is to really examine your "why". Why are you wanting to get healthy? It will help you push through the tough days. I also recommend writing it down, posting it on the fridge anything that will help you remember your "why" Feel free to add me as a friend
  • crnalaurie
    Options
    I have found calorie counting to be effective in the past. No more conveniently forgetting about those little bites that add up. Other apps do not have the large library that this one has of different foods AND if you like to cook like me you can add your own recipes. This is huge for me. The fact that my fitbit pedometer syncs with it is cool too but I am still unsure of how many exercise calories I want to consume over my daily calorie limit.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think you get out what you put in. If you're honest and diligent about logging then it should give you all of the information you need to make good choices. If you over-estimate your exercise and under-estimate your eating and only log on perfect days...it probably won't help much!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I think you get out what you put in. If you're honest and diligent about logging then it should give you all of the information you need to make good choices. If you over-estimate your exercise and under-estimate your eating and only log on perfect days...it probably won't help much!

+1

It's helped me lose 15 pounds since November, but I log my food and don't eat back more than half my exercise calories.
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been on for about a month and it has been really effective and motivating for me. I don't post a whole lot but reading others triumphs, stories, goals, and stumbles helps keep me on track. I log everything that goes in my mouth and have almost become obsessive about it, but the weight is coming off just as expected. The biggest thing this site has done is keep me exercising. Usually soon as I get off here in the evening, I hit the treadmill .
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new starting this weekend on sunday. I just was wondering how effective this site has been for helping us that can't seem to be consistent to stay on track? I'm hoping this will be a good tool to help keep the course. If anyone has any suggestions on being more consistent, please feel free to share. Good luck to all who are on this journey with me!!!!

One suggestion: Start today, log your next meal.

MFP is a tool, or a series of tools. If used correctly, it is highly effective.

Good luck to you too!!