Depression sufferers

Options
Hey there,

I'm a new-ish member and suffer with depression, which can severely affect your diet in a substantial amount of ways. This can mean sufferers need that extra bit of support and encouragement. I wondered if anyone would like to join me and add me so we can cheer each other on and help one another? I'm available practically constantly if you want to message me too :)

Replies

• suziwong563
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting on this journey also and happy to give support on those difficult days
  • nebulah_exe
    nebulah_exe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Would you like to be friends?
  • lucyephillips86
    lucyephillips86 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Snerr, I have requested you x
  • EmiLouize
    Options
    Hii :)
    you're so right that depression can have so many adverse affects on not only your diet or regime, but also your body image and perception of yourself. furthermore, the lack of motivation it causes can make trying to change your lifestyle so hard.

I know how you feel, and I'll be here for you if you want me to be!
  • nebulah_exe
    nebulah_exe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome. I've accepted your requests :)
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm sending one now!
  • CharleneN
    CharleneN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Luckily exercise is an excellent natural anti depressant -thank God because it makes that part of this journey that much more necessary and I (as well as my family) can always tell a difference when I do and don't exercise for a few days in a row.
    Where I'm located (NNY) I don't get outside exercise too much from Nov-April but I've learned to accept the treadmill, elliptical & bike as my friends :wink:
  • generalpansy
    generalpansy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way, it's hard to find the motivation to eat right when it seems so insignificant compared to everything else. it's definitely a huge effort. i'm sending you a request. :)
  • tcscholz554
    tcscholz554 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I also suffer from depression and anxiety. Feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • d88axelson
    Options
    I'm new here and depression is more or less the main reason for my joining. I've dealt with it my entire life but only gets worse. Yay. Feel free to add me, I know how...(there really aren't words adequate enough to explain) :/
  • light_breeze
    Options
    It's nigh on impossible for people who haven't experienced depression or anxiety to know how much harder it makes it to maintain healthy eating and exercise habits. I would love friends who could relate to that! I'm sending you a request :smile:
  • jerseycarling
    Options
    Hey, I go by Jersey.
    I also have major depressive disorder as well as a few other mental illnesses. Definitely makes it harder go maintain a healthy diet, which is crucial for me be cause I also have IBS. Motivation is much appreciatn and I can't be active when my legs are in pain and activity is hard. ^.^
    I'll add everyone on this thread.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hey! I definitely am able to relate and am going through it. Since I started MFP at the new year, I have noticed that I have felt better. Some days are better than others -- as always though. Please feel free to add me. I am definitely a great cheerleader and very supportive/positive (even when it is tough!).
  • Jpat0
    Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've already sent you a friend request! :) I'm messaging for other individuals on this post. I have suffered from depression since high school, I'm 23 now. I've experienced severe depression 3 times in my life (anyone who has been there doesn't need an explanation to how bad it can get). I've over come all 3 but I also know this is a life-long challenge. I am prepared for it, anytime it comes back. I have lost 11 lbs and am doing quite well with my eating habits so far. If anyone needs support and motivation, I'm here for you guys if needed. Feel free to ask any questions :) Cheers.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
  • mandahon3
    Options
    I am also new and a depression sufferer...I am willing to be there for anyone who needs or wants support.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have anxiety and depression too. My friends and family don't seem to understand how much of an effort normal things are to me compared to them. I would love to have friends that understand. Feel free to add me.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder. It controls my life!
  • andreamcaputo
    Options
    I definitely need this kind of support and encouragement!!
  • anaisbutterfly7
    anaisbutterfly7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    CharleneN wrote: »
    Luckily exercise is an excellent natural anti depressant -thank God because it makes that part of this journey that much more necessary and I (as well as my family) can always tell a difference when I do and don't exercise for a few days in a row.
    Where I'm located (NNY) I don't get outside exercise too much from Nov-April but I've learned to accept the treadmill, elliptical & bike as my friends :wink:

First off, does NNY mean you live in New-New York (Futurama reference :) )

But seriously, I notice that working out helps my depression sooooooo much. It's like having an additional anti-depressant!

Anyone can add me if they like. :)