Turbo Weight Watchers AKA The Windie Plan

Options
Has anyone heard or tried of Turbo WW?

Basically, instead of eating your allotted points each day, you switched up your points each day as a way to boost your metabolism. Here's an example:

How to do it for PointsPlus:

Many PP users have 26 daily points and 49 extra for the week. That means you have 231 points for the week in total.

• Day 1 – 29 points
• Day 2 – 33 points
• Day 3 – 30 points
• Day 4 – 32 points
• Day 5 – 29 points
• Day 6 – 47 points Super High Day (SHD)
• Day 7 – 31 points

Just in reading about this it seems that there are many people who have had success, but I wanted to hear your thoughts and decide whether this plan is safe and something that could be done for long term success.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Just a way to keep from getting bored, imo.
  • ThinByThanksgiving
    ThinByThanksgiving Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just a way to keep from getting bored, imo.

Perhaps. I actually like what I'm doing now. I just count calories and stay under my goal. I just started MFP and have lost 11 lbs. so obv what I am doing is working. I was just thinking when I hit a plateau it would good to mix it up.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Congrats I think simple & straightforward is generally the way to go.
  • ThinByThanksgiving
    Options
    Thank you
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I do that with MFP, and have done it with WW. It's simply eating your allotment on a weekly basis rather than a daily. Weekday might look like 1100, 1400, 1200, 1200, 1400 then weekends around 2000. Averages me out to 1450-1500 a day but means that I can have a bit of a looser weekend with the hubs, or a lunch out during the week.

I think the advantages are purely psychological, but for me that's a huge advantage!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    That Wendie plan, and other calorie cycling plans, have been popular for at least ten years. It's not going to hurt, and who knows, it might help. It's similar to popular intermittent fasting regimens, but less extreme.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Has anyone heard or tried of Turbo WW?

Basically, instead of eating your allotted points each day, you switched up your points each day as a way to boost your metabolism. Here's an example:

How to do it for PointsPlus:

Many PP users have 26 daily points and 49 extra for the week. That means you have 231 points for the week in total.

• Day 1 – 29 points
    • Day 2 – 33 points
    • Day 3 – 30 points
    • Day 4 – 32 points
    • Day 5 – 29 points
    • Day 6 – 47 points Super High Day (SHD)
    • Day 7 – 31 points

Just in reading about this it seems that there are many people who have had success, but I wanted to hear your thoughts and decide whether this plan is safe and something that could be done for long term success.
    I hate to break it to you, but food does not boost your metabolism because it has no such magic properties. Upping your calories on random days does not boost your metabolism either. In fact, the only think that boosts metabolism is exercise. Eat less, move more, and stay within your calorie deficit and you will lose weight.

That said, I'm glad you found an eating plan that works for you. That's very important. :)
  • ThinByThanksgiving
    Options

That said, I'm glad you found an eating plan that works for you. That's very important. :)[/quote]

Thank you :)

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The intermittent fasting researchers suspect that the higher calorie days may help avoid adaptive thermogenesis, where you burn less overall as a response to the diet. If that's a less hot-button term than "boost your metabolism", though essentially I think they're saying the same thing. :)