Cheddar cheese?

Options
So I hate eggs. Hate them. No matter how they're cooked, the texture repulses me.
But, when they are scrambled with cheddar cheese, they are delicious.

I recently bought Kraft fat-free cheddar cheese and use about 1/4-1/2 cup with 1 egg for breakfast.

I don't think it's that terrible, but some make it seem like cheese is the enemy -- how harmful is it to my weight loss?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese all the time. As long as you fit it in your daily calories you're fine.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Not harmful at all. Enjoy your cheese!! :D Just make sure it fits into your daily calories.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure who these anti-cheese people are, cheese is delicious and can be part of a successful weight loss program. No foods are the enemy (other than maybe cauliflower - blech), everything in moderation.
  • littlechicken_
    littlechicken_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You probably like eggs with cheddar because all you taste is the cheddar, haha. Reminds me of kids who will only eat broccoli slathered in cheese.

But yeah, as long as it fits in with your goals go to town! I eat cheese with apples.
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    There's cheese, as in a little cheese in eggs or a few small cubes with apples. Then there's cheeessse, as in a vat of cheeessse queso followed by an extra large cheeessse pizza and a whole cheeesssecake. Cheese is fine, cheessse is the devil.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    fat-free cheese is the enemy. yuck.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

agrees

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese every day! Full fat though - I strongly dislike low fat cheese, with the exception of light cream cheese. Use that food scale though, the calories can add up quickly!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Cheese is one of my major weaknesses. I buy strong cheese, like sharp or extra sharp cheddar, bleu cheese, etc., so that a little goes a long way in flavor. Parmesan (freshly grated) also helps me a lot since it takes so little to taste it. The ultra thin slices of cheese currently available are a huge help to me.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

agrees

ditto. yuck!

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with cheese (unless you're a vegan or have an allergy to it). I eat lots of it, and I have lost 65 pounds. It is calorie dense, so you need to weigh it if you want to log it accurately. It is also delicious! Just don't eat too much of it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

True - I like to eat good cheese - although I'll use some reduced fat shreds - but for just cheese I like the good stuff!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese all the time. I eat so much cheese that sometimes I have to violate my own rules and eat fat free....but that's because I'm indulging elsewhere haha. Like, tomorrow I'm having fondue.

Anyway, yeah, all about the cheese. As long as it fits into your calories, go for it!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Agreed.

Other than that, I'm pro cheese and eat it quite frequently. I like feta with my eggs, but I eat other kinds as a snack. Just measure it carefully, as the calories can add up fast.
  • FlossieBeulah
    FlossieBeulah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love Tillamook Sharp Cheddar! One serving is 100 cals. As long as you fit it into your macros it's all good!
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    can't say I am a fan of the fat free kind. but I successfully lost almost 50 lbs while fitting full-fat and 2% fat cheese into my diet regularly - practically daily :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. Cheese cheese cheese. But it's the only thing I really portion out carefully because it is super calorie dense. Unfortunately, fat-free cheese bears no resemblance whatsoever to actual cheese.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fat free cheese is not cheese.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese every single day.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. No reason to cut it out, but do weigh it. Cheese is very calorie dense, so it is easy to eat too much and go over your calorie limit. (Big difference between a quarter cup and a half cup, from your example.)

Fat free cheese is sort of yucky, though. Get the real stuff. Try sharp cheddar instead of mild. It makes a world of difference. You won't need to use as much to get the same flavor impact. Just one or two ounces with a scrambled egg is plenty.