Matcha Green Tea / Other Teas

Options
suwala2t
suwala2t Posts: 16 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey Guys,

All around the net you see stuff about how drinking matcha before a workout will help you burn off more fat/calories or that mate will lower your hunger level etc. I don't really need to lower my hunger as I have been doing well since I started but it's a curiosity thing. Is there any truth to these at all? Has anyone tried this religiously for workouts and noticed a difference? Sorry if this has been asked before, I am pretty new to MFP.

Replies

• harakiri01
    harakiri01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about before workouts but I have found that drinking green tea certainly helps lower my hunger cravings. Many studies have also shown that green tea is packed full of antioxidants including EGCG which is linked to a boost in metabolism, fat burning and therefore an increase in weightloss. So in my opinion you can't really go wrong with drinking a couple of cups of green tea each day, if nothing else it is definitely good for you.
  • emma_vdv
    emma_vdv Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it helps with maximising workouts but it is delicious and good for you in other ways. Ive been drinking it at my desk in the afternoon instead of coffee and I feel a lot clearer mentally for it (though will always be a proud coffee addict)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It will probably help with energy, nothing more, because of the caffeine.
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It definitely helps with controlling my hunger. Don't know about other stuff.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Of course you'll have more energy, because....caffeine.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love the Lipton diet citrus green tea. Is that actually green tea, or just green tea flavored chemical mess?
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I just made matcha cupcakes. That'll cancel out the calories, right? :D
  • suwala2t
    suwala2t Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys! Will take note on all of this.