Scared of eating

Options
2»

Replies

• bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what competitive sport your involved with, when I was at my goal weight 12 years ago, I could eat a whole large pepperoni pizza and maintain my weight. I was cycling 10+ hours a week/150-200 miles a week and working in retail management 8-9 hours a day. I agree with myfelinepal's post gradually increase your calories.
  • BritH24
    BritH24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I was soooo lost on how food actually works inside my body as fuel. Two weeks ago I stumbled across this blog called "eat to perform" and it has OPENED my eyes on what really food does for you. It helps me feel good about nourishing my body with lots of good food. I still struggle sometimes (yesterday) but you should look it up.

Such a great blog!!! I can't get enough of it!

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    spartan546 wrote: »
    Well I feel I should have specified something: I train because I compete in all kinds of Spartan races across Canada and the States. So thats why I train so hard. But my relationship with food is really weird. I will check the blogs mentioned. And thank you all for sharing; feels really good to have people who went through this!

I know many people who compete in Spartan races and they do not train for 4 hours a day on weekdays and 6 hours a day on the weekends. You are totally overdoing it and overtraining which is not healthy.

Sounds like there are some underlying psychological issues that need to be addressed by a medical professional.