Banana and egg pancakes?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    ebyla85 wrote: »
    Have any of you tried the banana pancake recipe going around that entails just 2 eggs and a large banana? Some add cinnamon or vanilla extract. Is this edible? lol
    Add a scoop of protein powder sooo delicious !

You can also add them to regular pancakes for those who don't like these. I'm.definitely going to try it with the oats this weekend
  • LachanRead1
    Options
    I've tried them and I love them! Really nice with natural yoghurt and some fresh or frozen fruit!! And so much nicer if you add a bit of cinnamon to the mix. I really need to try the peanut butter though
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Try this one egg, half cup canned pumpkin, one scoop vanilla whey, a little cinnamon stevia nutmeg. Mix it up makes about three pancakes. 30 grams protein 230 calories 10 grams carbs.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I made these this morning. They were pretty unimpressive. Wish I'd just made some regular pancakes. And was not filling.
  • susiebabygirl
    susiebabygirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    They're a good/healthier alternative to pancakes, although if you're expecting them to taste the same you'll probably be disappointed. They're a good snack and taste better with some cinnamon added in. I think I'll try them with the oats and yoghurt next time!
  • iamnotvoldemort
    iamnotvoldemort Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried them. They tasted a little too banana-y for me as a pancake substitute.

If you go just egg and banana, make sure everything is blended really well and do not try to make pancakes the size of your head. It will not go well.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just tried these in the past few days. Soooo good. I like them even better than regular pancakes! The first time I used 2 eggs, a banana, cinnamon,and vanilla extract....they didn't need any topping.

The second time I did the same but added a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to make them chocolaty. I topped those with pureed raspberries. Really good when you are in a chocolately mood.
  • LifeInAWay
    LifeInAWay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    People keep saying that they taste egg-y. Has anyone tried more banana and less egg?
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use an oat-banana recipe (no egg) which I love:
    30g flour (any you like), 45g wholewheat oats (I like to have some fiber!), 1 banana and 100ml milk. Blend all together in food processor and cook as normal.
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The one I routinely eat is 1/3 cup ground oats, 2 beaten eggs and one mashed banana. Mix well and cook. They puff up nicely and I eat fruit and redi whip on top.