help!!!?

Options
So. I work an hour away and don't get off till 5pm. So its about 630 when I'm fixing supper. I can be so hungry I will begin snacking on whatever I can find. What can do to prevent over eating in this way?

Replies

• brimoonandstars
    brimoonandstars Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chew on gum.
  • kasey35126
    kasey35126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea..thanks!
  • bexeatsouls
    Options
    Take water with you for the trip home. Drink it all as you get closer. Also, some studies have shown that the fiber supplement glucomannan can provide weight loss support by keeping you satiated. You can buy the fiber in pill form or in a loose powder on amazon or health food stores. It can also be used to thicken soups or gravies, instead of cornstarch.

Also, have some healthy foods out on the counter waiting for you. Grab a bannana, some skinny pop popcorn or carrots (skip the ranch). Chew on some healthy, low cal foods while you cook or wait on your microwave lean cuisine.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What about prepping up some celery or carrot sticks to nibble on as you prepare tea. Or have a pre weighed and logged bag of nuts, celery etc, what ever takes your fancy and fits your day to have on the trip home so that you are not so ravenous.

Also make sure that you are keeping well hydrated and not mistaking hunger for thirst.....perhaps even have a big glass of water on arriving home or a nice hot cup of what you fancy. Plus it might help you to do a bit of prep work on your tea the night before so you aren't starting from scratch and having to wait so long to fill the void.

Hope these ideas help.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Water and a small portion of raw almonds (get a food scale and weigh out a half serving, which is 14g - or go for the whole 28g if you have room for it in your goals) for the ride home.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cook twice a week so that you can come home and heat up your dinner.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Bring food with you for eating in the car or eat a larger lunch/snacks?
  • kasey35126
    kasey35126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice:) I appreciate the support I want to lose 30 pounds I'm getting married in September:)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    cook a bunch on the weekends and store in containers... grab and reheat... dinner in 5 min :)