Trying to lose weight again

Options
Hi, everyone. I signed up with MyFitnessPal and PACT about 10 days ago. I'm 53 and have been sedentary and had bad eating habits most of my life. I'm about 50-60 lbs. overweight and have been since sometime in the 90's. I'm Type II diabetic and on pills for that, and for cholesterol. So I'm trying to lose the extra weight and get in shape, so hopefully I can get off the pills and be healthier. It's been a struggle to try to stick to the 1500 calories a day. I have a sweet tooth and like McDonald's :) but I've been doing pretty well. I joined 24 hour fitness last year but didn't use it very much, but I've been using this week as well as walking many miles on the weekend with my husband. I bought some roller skates and hope to start using those on the weekend. There's a park across the street that has a little sidewalk track that I plan to try it out on. I wanted to strengthen my legs first before trying the skates out in public... I used to skate a lot as a kid and really loved it. I tried them out on the kitchen floor and my legs felt very weak. So wish me luck!

Suzanne