Common Nutritional/Fitness Mistakes People Make

Options
From my friend Reylene. She is a Jazzercise instructor
Common Nutritional/Fitness Mistakes People Make:

1. Not enough or too much protein intake. You need to consume enough protein to help your muscles to grow. However, you can not eat protein and drink a protein shake at the same time. It's either/or because all protein has calories. YOU WILL gain weight from too much protein.

2. Not enough vegetables. All vegetables have carbs. You can't go on a NO CARBS diet without feeling the ill effects. You need to eat them but not necessarily in grain or starch forms. Not enough veggies will make you hungry and you end up snacking more.

3. Drinking your calories (empty calories) and forgetting to count them. Ex.: high energy drinks, vitamin water w/sugar, processed store bought juice, alcohol, etc. Have I made my point? If you are drinking your calories through natural juicing with fresh fruits and veggies, that's fine but they still contain calories and you will gain weight if you are consuming too much.

4. Forgetting to take care of your body. YOU have ONE and only ONE body. If you are sore from your work out, get a massage, sit in the hot tub/jacuzzi/spa (body soaks) or do some stretching after your work out. Treat your body with respect.

5. Relying on your emotion too much. Don't let your emotions run your life and especially your fitness life. When you have a bad day, work out harder. Turn your negative energy into positive energy. If you don't, what other option do you have?

6. Still doing the same workout all the time for the last, how many years?
Same routine, same weights, same body, expect no change whatsoever! You gotta change up the work out if you want to see results, people.

Replies

• jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Some good points
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    It's my body and I will drink my calories if I want too.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options

wow
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You don't gain weight from too much protein, you gain weight from too many calories.
    Consistence in you routine will give you results. I agree that you should up the intensity over time. Of course, switching it up will keep you from getting bored.
  • 2belll
    2belll Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    love it common sense tips !!!
    thanks this is great I should put this on my refridgerator
    :love:
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Like and will share this with others!

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    However, you can not eat protein and drink a protein shake at the same time.

Or what? You explode?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Or what? You explode?

Just did this, hah^
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Or what? You explode?

Just did this, hah^

Must be messy :tongue:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    You don't gain weight from too much protein, you gain weight from too many calories.
    Consistence in you routine will give you results. I agree that you should up the intensity over time. Of course, switching it up will keep you from getting bored.

yah. if you are on a calorie deficit made up of entirely protein you would still loose weight even though it is way too much.

plus you would probably have explosive diarrhea. everybody wins! :drinker:
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options

That must mean she's an expert and therefore; correct.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

That must mean she's an expert and therefore; correct.

ain't that the mc'truth.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    h9BFD41C3
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Common Nutritional/Fitness Mistakes People Make:

1. Not enough or too much protein intake. You need to consume enough protein to help your muscles to grow. However, you can not eat protein and drink a protein shake at the same time. It's either/or because all protein has calories. YOU WILL gain weight from too much protein.

Excess protein doesn't make you fat if you still have a calorie deficit
    2. Not enough vegetables. All vegetables have carbs. You can't go on a NO CARBS diet without feeling the ill effects. You need to eat them but not necessarily in grain or starch forms. Not enough veggies will make you hungry and you end up snacking more.

I eat vegetables maybe once a week and I never snack.
    3. Drinking your calories (empty calories) and forgetting to count them. Ex.: high energy drinks, vitamin water w/sugar, processed store bought juice, alcohol, etc. Have I made my point? If you are drinking your calories through natural juicing with fresh fruits and veggies, that's fine but they still contain calories and you will gain weight if you are consuming too much.

As long as you count the calories it doesn't matter. Maintain a calorie deficit.
    4. Forgetting to take care of your body. YOU have ONE and only ONE body. If you are sore from your work out, get a massage, sit in the hot tub/jacuzzi/spa (body soaks) or do some stretching after your work out. Treat your body with respect.

I'm fine with this one.
    5. Relying on your emotion too much. Don't let your emotions run your life and especially your fitness life. When you have a bad day, work out harder. Turn your negative energy into positive energy. If you don't, what other option do you have?

I'm fine with this one, too.
    6. Still doing the same workout all the time for the last, how many years?
    Same routine, same weights, same body, expect no change whatsoever! You gotta change up the work out if you want to see results, people.
    Progressive overload is important for gains but the only thing that needs to change are weights, reps, and/or sets. Don't complicate it.