What are some foods you've always wanted to try?

2»

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Love elk...we have family up north who hunt every year and the freezers is full of elk burgers...Yum!!! I haven't tried ostrich yet, but I definately plan to!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    we get ramps ALL OVER our property! :) soo delish, they are like a sweet scallion
  • rebbylicious
    A few of mine are :Sweet potato pie,pumpkin pie, Peanut butter crunch cereal, a peanut butter cup and some proper chicken and waffles!

Squirrel, yak, moose, seal, beaver, ramps.

I've recently crossed a few off:
    Razor clams, horse, foie gras.

Had moose last winter it was meh. Maybe I cooked it wrong but it was a bit tough and didn't taste as gamey as I expected. I would say it was like really chewy, not particularly tasty version of venison.

If you have squirrel let me know what it's like. I would expect it to be a lot like rabbit.

Moose is tough because they are so lean. You have to slow cook it in a sauce or eat ground moose to have a burger. Moose burgers are good. THe best game I had was elk.
  • rebbylicious
    not exactly a food, but I would love to be a judge on iron chef and eat morimoto's food. He is by far my favorite and the most creative chef.
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    snails, matcha cupcakes, nettle tea, and i’ve never had octopus so… that too.