Almost one year on and 55lbs down, half way! (pics)

Options
It's almost been one year since starting this journey, so I decided to reflect on my year so far. This first 6 months were tough and the weight dropped faster than I ever imagined making me feel so alive and happy. The compliments I recieved only pushed me harder. I joined my gym and went all the time, I still do now, its my third home next to work and home. After christmas i began hitting my first real struggle. The weight didn't want to shift, but I thought threw it as giving up wasn't and option for me anymore and I've managed to lose a further 25lbs giving me a total of 55lbs. I had never imagined when starting this that I would get this far as nothing worked before. I thought enough is enough I have to do this now, I didnt want to spend another birthday huge anymore. I wanted to reach a goal weight of 211lbs by my birthday making me hit the fall into the 14 stone bracket, something I hadn't seen in a long time. My birthday I weighed in at 14.11 meaning I had done it! It was my first real milestone since starting, the best feeling in the world. Now my next goal it to reach Onederland, something I really didnt think was possible, making me 2.6lbs away! i wanted to wait till tuesday (my weigh-day) to post but I was looking through photos today and I was disgusted what i used to look like and why i let myself go that far. But seeing how much i have worked to get where i am now, has made me so proud of myself. Im 1lb away from my half way mark, and I cant wait to see the rest of the transformation.

8d000dd2-f335-4c6a-800c-05006eb6d480_zps307a3a0b.jpg

Every 6 months I take a photo to give me that boost. I thought today was a perfect time to do that.

41f08c23-794b-48f8-8e1d-2170abd1111c_zps904d27f3.jpg

On the left, my heaviest 256lbs and me on the right today, the swimsuit is 4 sizes smaller! Still a little tight but im almost there!

Replies

• adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    you are amazing !!! look at what you have done OMG keep it up!!!!
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    Great job girl!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I love how you have a new phone in every photo! Congrats though, you've done a fantastic job! Do you lift weights? I weigh in at 195.4lbs and I swear you look thinner than me! You can see such a difference in every part of your body from your face to your arms! Some people will only loose in specific areas, but you have evenly lost everywhere!

Big well done! Very proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • sareyezz23
    sareyezz23 Posts: 53
    Options
    I love how you have a new phone in every photo! Congrats though, you've done a fantastic job! Do you lift weights? I weigh in at 195.4lbs and I swear you look thinner than me! You can see such a difference in every part of your body from your face to your arms! Some people will only loose in specific areas, but you have evenly lost everywhere!

Big well done! Very proud of you! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I don't lift weights, I have done the 30 day shred DVD a couple of times, not fully completed them but did get half way. That might have helped shift it evenly. Although I do feel like I've lost most of it from my chest area. The stomach is beginning to shrink slowly. It's the one part I've never had flat before so that is a goal for me. But thank you so much :)
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the hard work!!!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Looking good! You look like a new woman, half your beginning size - well done! :flowerforyou:
  • sizzy6
    sizzy6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures, you are an inspiration to us all!
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • sjscobie1982
    Options
    great work, you are looking fantastic! x:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!