How do I change the amount of calories I am to intake?

my fitness pal says I should eat 1200 calories a day, but my trainer at the fitness facility I workout at told me that I should eat 1500 calories because I am burning a minimum of 350 to 400 calories a day exercising. Can the calorie intake reset to adjust to my needs? Because otherwise, every day it says I;'ve gone over my calorie intake? Help please from someone. Maybe I should try another online service.

Replies

• sugargrammy45
    sugargrammy45 Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2015
    1. Go to "MY HOME . . . 2. Click on Goals . . . 3. Scroll down and click on "Change Goals" . . . 4. Click on "Custom", then Continue . . . 5. Make the changes in the areas you want . . . 6. Click on "Change Goals" at the bottom of the page. I've had to change/lower my sodium amount plus a couple of other items according to my physician's recommendations. This will work.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    The following assumes that you are using the MFP set-up goals that did not include any exercise in your daily activity level. If so, you should eat more Calories on the days that you exercise than on the days that you don't exercise.

If you log your exercise under Cardiovascular for each day you exercise, as designed, MFP will add those estimated Calories (distributed by your percentages for carbs, fats, and proteins) to those days' Calorie goals. So let's say you earn 350 Calories for exercise for today and you log that into EXERCISES > Exercise Diary > Cardiovascular > Add Exercise; your Calorie goal for today will then be 1200 + 350 = 1550. When you eat those extra 350 Calories for today, that is what is called "eat back your exercise Calories." On the days that you don't exercise, you would then eat to your Calorie goal of 1200.

The bottom line is that as long as you log your estimated Cardiovascular Calories earned each day that they are earned, MFP will add them to your Calorie goal.