My 'friend' implied I have an ugly body

Options
Some girls are just jealous B******. Like my so called "friend" at work (I don't see how much of a friend she is now), I shared with her how I'm really serious about juicing for lunch and how I just bought a treadmill. Well, she begins ranting about how young single childless women nowadays have ugly bodies and are fat. And how her cousin, who has no children, used to be fat and now lost a lot of weight. Her cousin tried to make her feel bad for not 'trying' to lose weight. She tells me, that once she told her, "You might have lost a lot of weight, but you have extra elastic skin". She asks her cousin to pull her belly skin and they both compared. My "friend" then tells me, "see, even though she lost weight she still has all that lose skin, and even I who have 3 kids am tighter than her".

So here I am listening to this monster. I have no kids and I've lost 34 pounds. What is she trying to imply? that I might lose weight, but still have lose skin, therefore never achieving a nice body? What a sad person she is. I will not allow such negativity in my life.

Instead of cheering me on and congratulating me on my purchase and goals she pushes me down. What a poisonous person.

:indifferent:

Replies

• geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well congrats on the lost weight. You could stand to lose that 'friend' too!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Don't let someone else's negativity get you down. This journey is all for you.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I'd rather have an ugly body than be an ugly person. Congratulations on your awesome progress!

Oh, and ditch the "friend".
  • michellechawner
    Options
    You're fine. I'm still loving all the people freaking out about me losing weight. "You don't need to lose any, stop losing weight!!"

Um, do you get to see me naked? No? THEN NO OPINION.

You're better off without her. And honestly, from what I hear, it's easier to get a nice body without kids. I have no kids either, but all my friends with kids have lose skin, stretch marks (that bother them), and can't seem to lose those last few pounds.

You're beautiful the way you are. Be proud of your 34 pounds lost! And ditch the co-worker.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your friend. Forget her. You're young. If you drink a lot of water and work out while eating right your skin will tighten up.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Don't let her put you down. Always remember when people say bad things about you, it's because they don't have anything good to say about themselves. Congrats for the weight loss, keep it up :)
  • 1love711
    1love711 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would have called her out on her comments and asked her if she felt the same way about you. She sounds like a miserable person. I'd stay the heck away from her, she sounds like a negative soul sucking sucubus.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Did you feel like putting her in the juicer?
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    Someone should tell her that your skin is supposed to have elasticity. Especially when you pull on it.

I really believe that some people just exude horrible negative energy and will drain the life out of you if you let them. It just sounds like she's a very bitter person.
  • juicybravo
    juicybravo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone for the encouragement! :flowerforyou: I got a little teary eye there for a second.
  • juicybravo
    juicybravo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hahahaha yes I did :bigsmile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Some people geesh, just continue to get healthy.congrats on your weight loss so far and dont let people get you down, sounds to me it is an excuse for her not trying to lose and coninuing on her unhealthy way of life
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    They don't call "jealousy" the green eyed "monster" for nothing. :wink:
  • lblert
    lblert Posts: 55
    Options
    When people act that way, just remember it's really not about you - even if the comment sounds directed toward you. It's really that they have anger or hurt or insecurity within themselves, and they're projecting it onto you. I find that reminding myself of this really keeps negative people from having much of an impact on me.
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When you are successful, you really find out who your true friends are. If a person can't celebrate your victories with you, she is not your friend. And it sounds like you are very successful! Keep up the good work.
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Sounds like an 'ex-friend' to me. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Is your body ugly?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Did you feel like putting her in the juicer?

Proteinz
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    lol you said it, she sounds down right nasty. Honestly, I would have smiled and said "That's what cosmetic surgery is for," but it's likely better you said nothing and just chalked it up to her being jealous.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have an ugly body than be an ugly person. Congratulations on your awesome progress!

Oh, and ditch the "friend".

^This!