Pulsin protein powders

Options
allergictodiets
allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Have any of you tried the Pulsin vegan protein powders ( hemp, brown rice or peas ) and could tell me how they taste? I use and like their Whey Protein Isolate ( usually mix it in my porridge and yoghurt ) but would like to know whether the vegan powders are very strong tasting? Thanks.

Replies

• fihiggi
    fihiggi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Absolutely foul all of them
  • icyblue13
    icyblue13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use the brown rice one and it definitely has quite a strong taste, not very pleasant (I admit, it stinks). I personally don't mind it a lot and use it in my oatmeal with cocoa powder and vanilla and other stuff to hide the taste, but I can see how it could bother some people. I find the soy one way better.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I like these two:
    Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds

Growing Naturals Organic Rice Protein Chocolate Power
  • phill_143
    phill_143 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've tried most of the Pulsin range - it's one of the few protein powders I'd seen without some kind of sweet flavour - so can be added to different foods in a more versatile way.

Personally, I like the Whey one best, though. They hemp one is very gritty and soy ends up like wallpaper paste.

I'd rate the rice one as probably the next least offensive :) - I use it in breakfast smoothies and don't really notice much difference in taste compared to the Whey.
  • allergictodiets
    Options
    Thank you very much for your input - maybe I will start with the rice one.
  • allergictodiets
    Options
    My three "taster packs" arrived yesterday and I mixed some hemp powder in my oatmeal today. I am pleased to say it was hardly noticeable. The rice powder is next to be tried. Not sure about the pea protein, I tried it on its own and it was really unpleasant ( to put it mildly ). Maybe I will try to add it to some savoury dishes.