Insane amount of protein!

Options
2»

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Can't seem to be able to quote that image because the image is in the way, but that's for someone of normal weight... not overweight or obese.

I am of normal weight - 5'7" 154#.
    If I eat 1235 calories, I'll be below my BMR, lose my muscle that I've worked hard for, and chew someone's head off.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    lauraldrum wrote: »
    My macros calculations indicate that I should be eating 155g of protein daily. How is this even possible??? I'd have to be consuming mass quantities of animal protein (Bc Im doing low carb). I can't seem to get above 75 even with protein shakes. Help!

155 sounds crazy to me. Did you manually set your goals?
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    This is all just personal opinion, but depending on what your total calorie goal looks like, 155g isn't necessarily that hard to fit in. When I'm selecting foods, I'll frequently look at a gram of protein/calorie ratio. The more total calories you have to work with, the easier it will be to fit in that protein.

I don't personally consider that to be "mass quantities" but that's just me. If you have 3 meals a day, try getting in 50g of protein in. For perspective, i think that would be like eating a little over 9oz of chicken breast in every meal--to say nothing of other sources of protein throughout the day. Seems doable to me, but it's possible that I'm just used to it.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    My daily protein according to MFP is ~98g/d, on workout days this is more like 150g/d. As others have said simple adjustment, such as snacking on soynuts, switching to greek yogurt, and adding a scoop of protein powder should easily remedy this. I keep a few Quest bars/Clif bars on hand to make up lost protein.