Calories roughly

Options
beautychicks01
beautychicks01 Posts: 12
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm logging in my exercise class. I've done tums,bums and thighs(toning class) and bootcamp. Can someone tell me roughly how many calories to put down as I can't find it . Thanks

Replies

• DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Need more info like duration, effort, your weight and what did bootcamp involve etc
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The only answer you can get is an estimate for those activities which depends on how long you participated. And will most likely be estimated for the 'average' person (which in the case of women is usually 150lbs).

Each of those activities is estimated to burn about 400-500 cals/hr if they are done at a moderate/high difficulty level. If you weigh more than 150lbs you probably will burn more calories than that, if you weigh less you'll burn less.....also if you don't go as hard as intended maybe you'll burn less.

No way to know really other than a slightly educated guess. It's really worth it for cardiovascular workouts to invest in a heart rate monitor so you have some idea of what your heart rate is over the period you are exercising - that way you can use that + your weight/height/sex to make a 'better' estimate of your calories burned.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For just about any gym class, I break it down as follows: If it's mostly just dancin' around, it's aerobics. If it's more-or-less continuous bodyweight work, it's calisthenics. If I start throwing around little weights, it's circuit training. In a practical sense, there's not a huge amount of difference between the three, calorie-burn wise.
  • beautychicks01
    Options
    Thank you