Tough Mudder 2015

Options
Penners10
Penners10 Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, anyone else doing Tough Mudder London 2015????
I did it last year and it was awesome!! Although I didn't ache as much as I thought I would, so this year the plan is to try and complete the course twice in a day... Madness!!!

Replies

• PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Won't be in London but I will be partaking in TM Chicago. I too finished one last year. Looks like they added a few American Ninja Warrior themed obstacles. Should be more difficult and intense this year.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm doing London South on the Sunday this year. Did it 2 years ago and loved it, but I feel a lot less prepared this time around! x
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm doing London South on the Sunday this year, did it last year as well. Absolutely brilliant
  • jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Awh id love to do tough mudder in Dublin this year but its only 2 months away. For you experienced tough mudders, do you think 2 months is long enough to train for it?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Chicago (in a week), possibly Northwest UK, or Germany this year. It will be my 3rd.

2 months to train? Depends on your physical level. You should feel comfortable running 8-10 miles.
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Chicago (in a week), possibly Northwest UK, or Germany this year. It will be my 3rd.

2 months to train? Depends on your physical level. You should feel comfortable running 8-10 miles.

See ya up there next week!

You don't need to be able to run 8 miles comfortably. The most I ran when training for my 1st tm was 6.5 and I was hardly ever out of breath. You run a mile or so then get a break from the obstacle you are doing. I'd say be able to run at least 5 miles without stopping to be ready for the cardio aspect. balls to the walls was actually a 20 minute wait so you will have a little down time.

You will need plenty of upper body strength if you want to finis each obstacle by yourself but you will be able to complete most with ease if you need the help from fellow mudders.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I did the first one of the year. The obstacles are harder this time, at least compared to the 2013 race.
  • hhant
    hhant Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The most I ran for my first tough mudder was 5. The one I did yesterday I could run 7. Upper body strength us a must, but tbh there are so many people around if you struggle they are there to help!

I would suggest getting used to running hills, yesterday was torture as it was so hilly. I'm feeling it in my legs today!

anitabix3 wrote: »
    Awh id love to do tough mudder in Dublin this year but its only 2 months away. For you experienced tough mudders, do you think 2 months is long enough to train for it?

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    A little off topic but saw on the news last week that here in SoCal one of these tough mudders was being cancelled due to severe draught and water restrictions :'(