rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Single malt scotch.

Win.
  • rjmudlax13
    Options

Because the taste of cheap liquor is awful!

FIFY
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Anything you want, in moderation and log it.
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Whiskey. In a glass. Neat or on the rocks. Why complicate? Why soda?

Because the taste of liquor is awful!

You are either broken, or simply wrong. Or both.

Or you haven't had the pleasure of drinking good whiskey.

Rather comical statement by you mam... you can't tell someone that they are wrong for not liking the taste of alcohol. If you don't like the taste of something, there is nothing you can do about it. And when I almost gag everytime I try to sip straight liquor, I'm pretty sure that means I don't enjoy it.

I have tried Makers, Woodford Reserve, Johnnie Walker , Jack Daniels, Patron, Grey Goose Etc. Etc. Etc.

All taste awful to me... still confused how you can say that i'm wrong about not enjoying the taste... didn't know it was possible to be wrong about what my body thinks taste good and what doesn't. .. guess you learn something new everyday. :)
  • tanowicki
    tanowicki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Like everyone says, switch out the mixer for something lower calorie and you've done about all you can do to still have alcohol and have it taste good. I prefer coke zero instead of diet coke when mixing it. This despite the fact that I love my diet coke.

Also, I find if I drink the good stuff I drink less because I can savor the flavor.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    tequila=no carbs

I will occasionally use stevia-sweetened ginger ale as a mixer.
  • rjmudlax13
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

You are either broken, or simply wrong. Or both.

Or you haven't had the pleasure of drinking good whiskey.

Rather comical statement by you mam... you can't tell someone that they are wrong for not liking the taste of alcohol. If you don't like the taste of something, there is nothing you can do about it. And when I almost gag everytime I try to sip straight liquor, I'm pretty sure that means I don't enjoy it.

I have tried Makers, Woodford Reserve, Johnnie Walker , Jack Daniels, Patron, Grey Goose Etc. Etc. Etc.

All taste awful to me... still confused how you can say that i'm wrong about not enjoying the taste... didn't know it was possible to be wrong about what my body thinks taste good and what doesn't. .. guess you learn something new everyday. :)

Reeelaaax....I'm pretty sure the comment was made in jest.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club soda!! (NOT seltzer water) club soda has no calories. I usually get a stoli blueberry and club soda... Simple, easy, and low cal
    Seltzer water has no calories either. It's tonic water that has calories.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/29/seltzer-vs-club-soda_n_1434891.html

The more you know... :wink:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I'll be drinking Coke and Parrot Bay 90 proof. :D
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    whatever works within your calorie allowance :)

Less caloric drinks give him more calories for actual food. I assume that's why he is asking.

Beer IS food.

• sjaplo
    Options
    The best drinks for you are the ones you like. The worst ones are the ones you don't like. I say go for what you like and set aside the calories. What's the point of going out for a drink if you're not going to have what you want? That's what I think anyway.

I will respectfully disagree. He is on a website where the main goal is counting calories and attempting to be/stay fit.

There are plenty of great tasting unhealthy foods that we substitute out for healthier foods that don't taste as good. Why not do the same for alcohol?

And this is just silly talk.

• sjaplo
    Options

ahhhhh - now we see your true colours.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Cisco. DON'T.

I woke up in a dumpster once from Cisco.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    a dram or two of single malt scotch for me
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    maxit wrote: »
    whatever works within your calorie allowance :)

Less caloric drinks give him more calories for actual food. I assume that's why he is asking.

Beer IS food.

Liquid Bread, maaaaan.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Hi I have a 20 year hospitality background working in bars/bottle shops, and along the way read some facts about this. Barcardi is listed as the lowest in calories for spirits, beer is a lot lower in calories than spirits, and red wine has half the calories of white wine.
    Hope this helps.... A good one to try is Barcardi with soda water (cutting out sugar instead from coke or lemonade) you can add natural juice in like lemon or lime juice, or cut a lemon or lime and place pieces into your glass, mint can also be added if you have a nice one for something different. Hope this is helpful. :) good luck on your weightloss journey.

Appreciate your desire to help, but I'm afraid a lot of that is not accurate. Most 80 proof liquors are going to be around 70 - 80 calories per ounce, so a 1.5oz pour runs about 110 calories. Most beers are going to be 150 and up unless you're drinking light beer and even then it's tough to go under 100 without subjecting yourself to things like MGD64, to which no one should subject themselves, except in the most dire of circumstances. Red and white wine are pretty close calorically; white tends to have a bit less than red. Typical middle of the road wines would run about 120 - 125 calories for a 5 ounce glass.

As mentioned above, getdrunknotfat.com is a helpful source of calories for various brands and types of alcoholic drinks.

^^ SpongeBob knows what he's talking about...

Except .. he forgot about Guinness (Draught). It's flavorful, and compares to any American mass-produced light beer in alcohol content and calories (bud light, coors light - I'm not talking about the ultra-light stuff here)

ETA: Sam Adams light is also tolerable. Has the same stats as Guinness Draught - 4% alcohol, 125 calories.

ETA one more thing .. OP: I saw the post where you mentioned you're looking for Spirits, not beer. Bacardi and Diet coke is an easy out.
  • hellonikki123
    hellonikki123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like vodka with diet coke. It's certainly not healthy, but it's lower in calories than a lot of other choices!
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Ahhh, the T.G.I. Friday's flight. >:)

I kid! Two of these border on decent. B)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    The tv show 'The Chew' did a segment not long ago about low calories drinks that taste better than soda water LOL. im sure its on their site (i dont drink enough to have paid any attention lol)