Saw doctor today

Options
Just had my yearly physical. I am now a full fledge diabetic. I have been on the pre-diabetic line for years, not anymore. I was depressed before due to family problems, this just added to it. Things are just not good.

Replies

• PicoBoulevard
    PicoBoulevard Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Keep focusing on the positive things you can do to keep your blood sugar levels steady, and to stay in shape and keep your weight in check. There have been many at MFP who have lost weight to find themselves no longer classified as diabetic.
  • Lauren5280
    Lauren5280 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What will you do to change this outcome?
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your diagnosis but be aware that it may not be a life sentence. Often type 2 diabetes is self inflicted and reversible with a healthy diet and exercise.

I wish you luck, use this as motivation.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Just had my yearly physical. I am now a full fledge diabetic. I have been on the pre-diabetic line for years, not anymore. I was depressed before due to family problems, this just added to it. Things are just not good.

I'm really sorry to hear this! Don't be depressed--think of this as an opportunity to get serious about your health for the sake of your loved ones. There are many diabetics in remission on these boards--start thread asking for their experiences.
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am going to have to buckle down and do some research on what to eat. I need quick and easy. I need something for breakfast that I can make at work when I get here. I need healthy lunch and dinner idea's that are quick and easy. I need healthy snack idea's. I just really have to do alot of work.