I want to cry... Weight Gain from Vacation

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Panicking about a binge, beating yourself up, and then trying to cut your calories further to make up for it, are all part of a cycle. Give up this cycle. So what if you're bloated a bit. Like everyone else here has pointed out, it very likely isn't fat gain after just 2 days. My own weight fluctuates by 3-5 pounds EVERY day.

Focs on allowing yourself that fun from your vacation. It was a vacation and you're entitled to let yourself go once in while. Get back on track, watch your diet and put that behind you. The next holiday, the next vacation, your birthday, use these as well deserved breaks. You don't have to go all out but I personally would go crazy if I had to worry about what I ate all the time. Just do it the vast majority of the time.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Water water water and go back to your weight loss calorie intake and exercise routine and in 3 days, you will see 4 pounds gone I bet. That is certainly nothing to get upset over...I thought maybe you went on a 2 week cruise and gained 20 pounds! LOL!!!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Too much drama. Save that for something worthwhile, like getting in a car accident or something. Drink lots of water and stop eating crapola. Do your exercise and the scale will work itself out.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    And here goes another eating disorder thread...sigh.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    What's done is done draw a line under it stop worrying about it and move on, leave it where it belongs in the past ????
  • avatrx
    avatrx Posts: 52
    Hey there,
    So... I am confessing that I do have some problems with occasional binge eating. I have been on vacation for two days. Before I left I weighed in at 119.6, but today I weighed in at 123 lbs. I AM FREAKING OUT!!! This is not anything close to normal and I want to literally cry. YES-- I did eat CRAP, straight crap, and I should not have, but I did. I ate peanut brittle, skittles, pretzel m&ms some yogurt, fried food, and a salad here and there. I really want to cry! I am scared none of my clothes will fit.

Any help is appreciated- and yes, I know I am at a healthy weight, just trying to lower my body fat percentage. I tried on some shorts and they do not fit like they should... I bought them 2 weeks ago :(
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    freaking out?

how old are you?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    You only gained 3.4lbs from a week of vacationing? Lightweight!
  • avatrx
    avatrx Posts: 52
    YOU need to look at this from a math perspective. In order to gain 4 pounds you would have had to consume 14 THOUSAND calories more than you burned. Even I, at my age - burn close to 2,000 a day without doing anything. It would be very suspect that you actually gained that much weight unless you did nothing but consume high calorie foods the entire time you were on vacation and didn't move at all.

Get back on the wagon. You'll be OK................ maybe you did alot of walking or hiking - more than usual. swollen muscles etc, salty food and lots of water? Try a day going under your regular intake. stop eating 4-5 hours before bed. drink your water.

it will most likely drop off as fast as it seems you added it.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Like others have said, calm down. It's not the end of the world and is more than likely water retention.

Sheesh...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    First of all, you didn't gain 3.4 lbs fat from over eating.

A gain of 3.4 lbs isn't going to make it so that your clothes don't fit.

Jesus, its 3.4 lbs... you'll rebound in like a week and a half.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Really? I think you need to learn to live with occasional gains from poor eating because it's likely a lot of water retention that will come off fairly quickly.

No need to overreact so badly.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    ho hum -sigh-
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    You very likely did not gain 3.4lbs in two days. At least not in fat mass. Calm the eff down.

Seriously, it is 3.4lbs. Why are you freaking out?

No... Just let happen. She needs to overreact.....burns calories.

bahahahahah!!!! I like you.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Agree with the others that's it's bloat, will go away once you resume your normal eating and that you are waaaay overreacting. Seriously, 3.4 lbs? If it really bothers you THAT much, then scale back your eating a bit. Lol......3.4 lbs. Pbbt, I could make you look like an amateur, seriously. :tongue:
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Just eat/workout well for the next week because the scale will be a liar for a few days. Water retention. At worst, you gained about 300 grams, which is not that bad.:heart:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I think the saddest part is that you wasted all those calories on Skittles and M&Ms. Go big or go home.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    You only gained 3.4lbs from a week of vacationing? Lightweight!

I know right?! Though actually she said it was 2 days, so at that pace in a week she could pack on 14-15 pounds, that would be impressive.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I want to know how you can include yoghurt in a binge. That doesn't count. And to be fair, it doesn't even sound like a binge. For 2 days you let go a bit. That's ok. It sounds like you need to get a better perspective on this, because if you have that much emphasis on 3lbs then life is going to be difficult for you to enjoy. YOLO (I just learned what that means, so had to put it somewhere!).
  • I know what you mean! I have a vacation coming up in 2 weeks and I am worried about weight gain but I know that anything I do gain, will most likely be water weight and from extra sodium, etc. I'm not going to go overboard while on vacation but at the same time, I'm not going to be super strict! Everyone deserves a cheat day..or two or three!

I'd just drink tons of water, eat clean and then weigh yourself in a couple of days and I bet you'll be back on track!