Correct my quick summary before I start?

Options
I've done a lot of research, read a lot of articles, but I'm still not 100% certain of the plans i'm about to start. Basically I've calculated my TDEE on Scooby as 2566 (i'll be hitting gym 6 hrs/week), but since I'm aiming on gaining muscle AND losing fat, i'll maintain a 500 Calorie deficit and consume 2050 kcals daily. I'm an 18 year old female, weighing 65kgs (143lb), tall as 163cm (64in), and want to become fit but not skinny.

Now, the more important part, macro nutrients! This is where i'm a bit hazy; I've decided on a 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat plan. Sound reasonable? The site gave me the default of 30/50/20 respectively, but i'm worried I won't be able to gain the muscle I need. So if I am stick to my decision, I would consume 204g protein, 204g carbs, and 44g fat.

Consumption wise, I've recently got hold of a Nitro Tech Whey Protein jar (140kcal-30g protein/scoop), which I plan on incorporating into my daily intake of 2000kcals. If I've understood this correctly, I'll take 2 scoops (which makes 1 cup) directly after gym, and another 2 scoops as a meal replacement, probably as breakfast. I go to university every morning so I think that would be my best breakfast option, plus my morning green tea.

Exercise wise, I'm barely certain of it. For the fat burn, I need daily cardio of 30-45 mins. Weight wise, I'm mostly lost. Does anyone know a website that basically explains how to plan the week of working different muscle groups and working up reps? If I get that clear, I'm good to go!

*Btw, my current profile pic was when I was 5kgs lighter, I've been gaining for the past 2 months due to uni, a lazy vacation, and a reverse diet to repair my metabolism from yo-yo's.

I appreciate any help, and feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow

OK personally I'd throw that all out

I'd accept that beyond newbie gains I am not losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time, but I can get stronger

I would then start lifting heavy ..any of the programmes strong curves, NROLFW, strong lifts 5x5 at least 3 times a week, I'd do 20 mins cardio to warm up before

And then I'd cut at 250 calories per day ...0.5lb a week target and aiming for 1g protein per 1lb LBM within that defecit

Once you have cut enough follow a bulk and cut cycle ...
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    go out and get New Rules of Lifting for Women, and read!

and also look for the Eat More 2 Weigh Less and NROLFW groups and PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU DO MORE DAMAGE THAN GOOD TO YOU BODY!