clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    anoushso wrote: »
    I tried seeing a nutritionist but it didnt really help

no a therapist... like psychologist...
  • epayne75
    epayne75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would contact your MD as you may have something else going on - hormones, thyroid, etc.
  • anoushso
    Options

Im sorry but i dont really see the point of seeing a psy..

• anoushso
    Options
    @epayne75 yes will do that for sure tho
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    epayne75 wrote: »
    I would contact your MD as you may have something else going on - hormones, thyroid, etc.
    It's possible, but more likely what is happening is that she severely undereats for a short period of time, goes back up to a "normal" intake and sees a slight gain from water/glycogen/the weight of the actual food in her system, and interprets that as weight gain. She's not spending enough time in the VLCD to see weight loss, which is why she thinks it's "not working," but also not spending enough time at the increased intake for her weight to even out, which is why she thinks she gains weight if she eats more.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, im happy you all write back!
    To answer some of the questions : yes I am completely sure im eating between 500 and 700 calories per dey. For exemple today I didnt eat breakfast i just took coffe, on lunch I had Chicken breast with spinach and on diner i had cabillaud with tomatoes and thats about it.. No im not a grumpy person and I can handle it very well, trust me i tried eating "more calories " but i gain weight! I just think that my metabolism sucks as hell tbh i really need to lose weight and im just stuck idk what to do :(

500-700 calories a day for 3 weeks is what is called a very low calorie diet (VLCD) no matter what plan you are following

It is DANGEROUS and can lead to gallstones, abnormally slow heart rate and low blood pressure, which mean that the heart muscle is changing.
    The risk for heart failure rises as the heart rate and blood pressure levels sink lower and lower.
    Reduction of bone density (osteoporosis), which results in dry, brittle bones.
    Muscle loss and weakness.
    Severe dehydration, which can result in kidney failure.
    Fainting, fatigue, and overall weakness.
    Dry hair and skin; hair loss is common.
    Growth of a downy layer of hair called lanugo all over the body, including the face, in an effort to keep the body warm.
  • anoushso
    Options
    @AliceDark‌ I see what you're saying but it has been 3 weeks that im"undereating"
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Im sorry but i dont really see the point of seeing a psy..

Because you're eating at an unhealthy, bordering on anorexic level. If your count is accurate, you're depriving your body of important nutrients.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    @AliceDark‌ I see what you're saying but it has been 3 weeks that im"undereating"
    That's not a long time.

To be very clear: eating at that level is DANGEROUS. You'll end up hurting yourself if you continue. Rabbitjib gave you a good list of the risks up there. You absolutely should not continue.

My point was that when you eat more than that, you're not gaining actual weight. The bump you see on the scale is temporary and will correct itself if you give it enough time.

• anoushso
    Options
    Thank you a lot for your advice, i'll try to change the way i eat. Another thing i'd like to add is that I always have been on diet and actually was successfull in losing weight quickly with the same diet plan, it just doesn't happen anymore and im just trying to figure it out why
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Crash dieting like that several times? Yeah, you probably have done something to your metabolism.

What are your stats?
  • anoushso
    Options
    You mean my weight and height? 57kg for 160cm
  • anoushso
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Crash dieting like that several times? Yeah, you probably have done something to your metabolism.

What are your stats?
    What should I do to fix it haha
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You're 125lbs and at a normal weight for your height. You clearly have an eating disorder of some kind. Throw out your scale, eat actual food, stop logging, and go to a psychologist. This thread is STILL in violation of the guidelines.