New-ish and a little lost. Advice?

Options
I've done this a million times before, so you would think that by now I would know what I'm doing and could jump right into a diet and fitness plan. But it's been awhile, and I'm so far from where I was when I first lost weight that I hardly know where to begin.

So hit me with all your beginner suggestions. Heathy foods I should try? Workouts? I'm going to the gym today and feel like it's for the first time, what do I go to first?

Replies

• ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I'm 6 months in but still feel like a beginner. :) I'd say as for workouts, lifting is key, also end your lifting workouts with a nice "cool" down on the treadmill (15 minutes). I lift for about an hour, I started on the machines until I gained enough courage to go into the free weights (what I always thought of as big muscle man zone). :smiley: The very first thing though that got me down 20 lbs was Zumba, I love the latin Zumba, it's fun and you're able to look ridiculous in the comfort of your own home. :)

As far as food, a good source of information I find on Pinterest (meals, info, ect;). My favorite healthy snack though, slice up some cucumber and dip it in some hummus. I've also been just eating more fruits and vegetables with my meals. Switched from ground burger to ground turkey burger. Eat less red meat and more lean meats (chicken and turkey). If you eat bread and pasta, make it 100% whole wheat.

Just mostly move your body, drink your water and fill your body with healthy less processed foods