Day 1 Low Carb Difficult!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It does get better, but if you're hungry EAT! Find something low in carbs with some protein to help satisfy you.

I usually end up in the 30-40 range for carbs and I'm losing pretty well.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i know some people dont count fibrous carbs so thats not added. just starchy carbs
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Okay, how in the hell do people only eat 10g carbs in a day. Vegetables are full of carbs BUT they have fibre too which reduces the need of insulin. Carbs minus fibre = insulin to carb ratio. Non diabetic, your body does it automatically. Type 1 diabetic, you have to inject the insulin. But really, how can u only eat 10g carbs in a day??????

Atkins Phase 1 (see atkins.com) or induction recommends 20g/day of net carbs of which 12-15g are from veg. That's a lot of veg - a pound or more of the green low carb low GI stuff that works best. TBH I struggle to get it that high.
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    it's taken me about a week but i think i'm doing okay. i get excited for sunday funday. on that cheat day, i'll usually allow one cheat food which is whatever it was that i'd been thinking about having all week. right now, i think my cheat is going to be a chick fila cookie.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could possibly be happy eating such a low amount of carbs.

Do u think 100g of carbs is low??? Did u see some people are eating 10g of carbs!!!! WTH!!!!!!!!! Now that I couldn't imagine. FOr me, the 100g today has been good. Didn't put me in a mood...

Its not hard... just stick to broccoli... a lot of broccoli. Thats your stomach filler + some celery.

Fiber doesnt count in the carb total. Its only net carbs.
  • melw2910
    melw2910 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of lower carbs, aiming for 104g or below per day. So far its been good but I feel rotten this morning, no energy and headache, trying to eat little and often to keep energy levels up. This may not be low for some people but it is for me :smile:
  • LouLou_2013
    Options
    Whats wrong with carbs?
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with carbs?
    google diabetes.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I upped my carbs. Im eating about 120g of carbs per day. Net prob 95-100 cause i like fibrous carbs! Today was bad, I ate out at a fancy resturant with my family!
  • jmarie1967
    jmarie1967 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It does get better, but if you're hungry EAT! Find something low in carbs with some protein to help satisfy you.

I usually end up in the 30-40 range for carbs and I'm losing pretty well.
    Totally agree! I am doing the same carb amount most days and losing well, 20lbs in a month. That will slow down of course, an the water is KEY! So is the exercise! It does get easier, and at times I am hungry at night, and choose a high protein snack.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with carbs?

^^^^^this
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    no.....................
    keep the crabs. exercise. stay under calories

djIR3nr.gif
  • PikaKnight