from 167 to 162 in 5 days????

Options
I have been losing weight at a steady pace of about 4 lbs a month for the past 3 months. but then, this last weigh in on Monday I weighed myself and I was the same I had been all month, 167. so then today I weighed again just to make sure and it said 162. Ive been using the same scale this whole time, and never had a 5 lb difference in 5 days except the first week of dieting. my only thought is that it could be thrown off from all the people using it, but like I said ive been using this scale for some time now and never had an issue. I don't know but I want to believe it soooo bad.

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Three suggestions: 1. Put a set weight on it....like a dumbbell to see if it's weighing accurately. 2. Change the battery. 3. Weigh on Monday and if it's still down 5 lbs you may just have had a huge loss.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    It's definitely possible...not long ago I had a 7 pound loss in 4 days after a plateau.
  • dancerbyday
    Options
    If you weighed yourself at different times of the day, or in different degrees of dress/undress, that can make a huge difference. When I was little, we did an experiment with weight and weighed me before and after dinner, and there was a 5 lb difference! So this can all cause variance. But... you really could have lost 5 lbs in 5 days. I've done it before. I absolutely could not lose weight, and then all of a sudden I lowered my calorie intake a little and lost a pound a day for almost a week!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Probably water retention (and a bit of fat) from your month-long plateau.