Regular sugar vs. Fruit sugar

So I've had a repetitive problem when logging my food intake. I've been eating yogurt with fruit as a snack in between meals and even some veggies and the sugar levels rise a lot. Today was the worst. I dont want to skip a meal because it'll mess up my metabolism that I've been building. Any suggestions?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,142 Member
    Agree, relax. Your description of your food choices will not empower demonic revenge.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited January 2015
    Going over on sugar is fine (unless you have to be careful for a medical reason). I go over my sugar allowance all the time, mostly from my apple, mango fruit leather, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. So I just stopped tracking it. LOL
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Sugar is just a carb. If you stay within your carb allowance, no need to worry.

Skipping a meal will do nothing to your metabolism.
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Unless you have a health reason to monitor sugars you should be fine. I love love love oranges and have a few a day but according to MFPs numbers I'm a sugar abuser. My other numbers are almost always on point expect sugars.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Just stop tracking it unless you have a medical condition. Skipping a meal or each foods higher in sugar wont mess with your metabolism, especially if your overall diet is solid.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    I've been eating yogurt with fruit as a snack in between meals and even some veggies and the sugar levels rise a lot.

There is nothing wrong with sugar.
    I dont want to skip a meal because it'll mess up my metabolism that I've been building.

Your metabolism is unaffected by meal frequency.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    You're OK. Just hit your calorie and macro goals. I think most everyone goes "over" on sugar and it isn't really a concern unless you're diabetic or something.

And on building or messing up your metabolism, when or how often you eat will have no effect on that, unless of course you have not eaten for 3+ days.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Sugar is sugar it doesn't matter where it comes from, and sugar isn't evil. I go over the sugar limit MFP gives me every single day (mainly because I can't customize it). However I stay under my calorie goal and so far have lost 25 pounds.
  • Thanks guys. I don't have any medical reason to watch my sugar. So i'll just forget about the sugar then. Thanks everyone.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    I go over the sugar limit MFP gives me every single day (mainly because I can't customize it).

Yes you can...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    AJ_G wrote: »
    I go over the sugar limit MFP gives me every single day (mainly because I can't customize it).

Yes you can...
    True... see below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings