anybody elses husband a twig thats never had a weight prob. but thinks they can tell u how to!!!

Options
Anyone?

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    No. Just you.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    How to what? Have a weight problem?
  • megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ow sorry tell u what u need to do in order to loose weight
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    anybody elses husband a twig thats never had a weight prob. but thinks they can tell u how to!!!
    I don't understand. He's going to tell you how to have a weight problem? Why would he tell you that?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I don't understand. He's going to tell you how to have a weight problem? Why would he tell you that?

Thank you for this laugh. I'm not sure why it tickled me so, but it did.

bstngp.gif
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My husband is not a twig but he does not struggle with weight issues. Food rarely holds much appeal to him and if he could just take a pill every day to survive he would. So he doesn't understand my struggle with food. I love it and could never give it up, but because of that I have struggled with my weight and needed to learn new ways. He does not tell me what or how to eat or work out though either. Sorry for you, that must be frustrating.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My Love gained a lot of weight when he got out of the Marines and remaind state side. He had never had a weight problem before and had been very fit and thin before that. He reached a high 200lbs and decided that he didn't want to be that size anymore. It took him time but he lost all the weight and him and I support each other in our healthy journey.

He is able to eat a lot more food then me and not gain weight the way I do, though. So he doesn't quite understand my need to watch what I eat more. But other then that, we stick together pretty well.
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My bf is very thin framed, can eat whatever he wants and can't ever seem to gain anything. He doesn't tell me what to do to lose weight though...he's not an *kitten*. One of the toughest parts of my journey has been making a hearty enough dinner so that he isn't starving, but yet make it healthy enough that I don't end up gaining. I refuse to cook two separate meals just because of our metabolism differences.
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    Well thanks ladys sorry i left out the end of my first post lol and sjohnny u just seem like yr lovely
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    rseneca724 wrote: »
    My bf is very thin framed, can eat whatever he wants and can't ever seem to gain anything. He doesn't tell me what to do to lose weight though...he's not an *kitten*. One of the toughest parts of my journey has been making a hearty enough dinner so that he isn't starving, but yet make it healthy enough that I don't end up gaining. I refuse to cook two separate meals just because of our metabolism differences.
    You can just eat less of the same thing. It's not really necessary to make two meals.
  • agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is something like this... he is a xc and track coach, and is fit all the time while eating plenty of junk food because he works out often and well. However last night we had an argument because he wanted to have burgers and I was disappointed and he said, "It's not like one burger is going to hurt you." But I was exasperated because that's not the point. The point to me and for me is to eat healthy and live well, and having a burger once a week is not part of that picture. Furthermore, it was insulting that he thought he could tell me what I could or couldn't eat without even knowing what a macro is.
    What matters, though, is that I love him and I imagine you love your husband. At the end of the night, it came down to being right and mad or being forgiving and holding hands and asking him to just try not to question what I'm doing. We picked the latter and I hope you two find the same consensus.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    rseneca724 wrote: »
    You can just eat less of the same thing. It's not really necessary to make two meals.

I agree with this, I eat a smaller portion than my boyfriend because I have a smaller calorie allowance, but we both eat the same thing.
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    Thanks it helps so much just to hear other people nd i refuse to make 2 dinners also and later he asks me to bake a chocolate cake !! I know he doesnt understand ( but somtimes i just wanna be like ) I WISH FATNESS UPON U!!!! Just so he would understand lol just for a minute lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks it helps so much just to hear other people nd i refuse to make 2 dinners also and later he asks me to bake a chocolate cake !! I know he doesnt understand ( but somtimes i just wanna be like ) I WISH FATNESS UPON U!!!! Just so he would understand lol just for a minute lol

First you call your husband a twig (which is as offensive as him calling you husky or fat) and then you say all the above.

no-words-homer-into-brush.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

He can come over here and hang out with my DH while I make dinner, then Elevensies, and then I'll make an amazing cake. Though vanilla bean is my thing for cakes, so he might have to deal with brownies AND cake to cover the bases of chocolate and cake.

Man I am freaking hungry.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    he likes your cake...feel proud. bake your man a cake.

perhaps your twiggy man does know the ins and outs of weight loss. you did say he doesn't have a weight problem, right?

whats his advice?
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    Dang nevermind i was just tryn to be alil humerous it makes it easyer for me 5 yrs ago i was 230lbs so i guess i feel i can joke if i want to maybe chats rooms arent for me sorry if i offended anyone
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

He can come over here and hang out with my DH while I make dinner, then Elevensies, and then I'll make an amazing cake. Though vanilla bean is my thing for cakes, so he might have to deal with brownies AND cake to cover the bases of chocolate and cake.

Man I am freaking hungry.
    This reminded me of me and my BF. I love that he's thin -- I can bake anything and everything I want for him!

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Dang nevermind i was just tryn to be alil humerous it makes it easyer for me 5 yrs ago i was 230lbs so i guess i feel i can joke if i want to maybe chats rooms arent for me sorry if i offended anyone

hmmmmm

delivery leaves something to be desired.

more smileys, less body shaming, more smileys, add LOLs....

try again with a new thread.

REMEMBER THE SMILEYS!

:):):D:)B):#:)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... yeah out.