carb free rice

Options
Put a full cauliflower in a food processor using the grater attachment until fine like rice or couscous then fry with finely chopped onions for a rice substitute x

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    greyzie123 wrote: »
    Put a full cauliflower in a food processor using the grater attachment until fine like rice or couscous then fry with finely chopped onions for a rice substitute x

But we have this thread!!

It's still not carb free. :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    and fried. Man, all that fat.
  • LiveForTheWilderness
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with fat.
  • GettingConfident
    GettingConfident Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    you dont have to fry it with oil...u can boil it and use it like rice. plus cauliflower is much lower in carbs then oil so il defo try this!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    not carb free but definatly lower carb. i rice all sorts of veggies, sweet potatoes, butternut squash are my two favorites. the butternut tastes really good when cooked with shrimp
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    derp-kitty.jpg
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    greyzie123 wrote: »

Defeinitely not "carb free". Per 100g of cauliflower, there's 4g of carbs.
    you dont have to fry it with oil...u can boil it and use it like rice. plus cauliflower is much lower in carbs then oil so il defo try this!

Oil is 100% fat. It's impossible to have fewer carbs than that.
  • MountainMaggie
    MountainMaggie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Give her a break. Definitely not carb free but certainly more a lot fewer carbs than rice. As for the frying, stir fry in a small amount of quality oil, like olive oil. Good idea...but not for me. I'm a distance runner, I NEED those carbs!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    But I use rice to get carbs...if I don't need any carbs, I don't eat it. You could just eat the cauliflower as is, right? I'm just confused. Is it fun because it looks like rice?
  • angelbabeok
    Options
    Try Slendier Rice
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    But I use rice to get carbs...if I don't need any carbs, I don't eat it. You could just eat the cauliflower as is, right? I'm just confused. Is it fun because it looks like rice?
    Thank you! I am so tired of seeing all the posts on making cauliflower into something else. Bottom line is - IT IS STILL CAULIFLOWER! I don't mind cauliflower, so why take all the extra time to make it look like something it is not. Steamed with a few spices is fine with me. Raw is fine with me. But in the end - it is still just cauliflower!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    fubecando wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with fat.

Nothing wrong with carbs either.