Question: Pilates/calories

Options
Hello everyone!
I've only just started using this app today, and want to start logging everything as well as I can.
I've recently got very into my pilates, (The Blogilates videos on YouTube, to be exact) and whilst I'd class them more as strength, I'm filing them under cardio on here so I can see the amount time I'm working out doing them each day.

Anyway, to file something under "cardio" on here, if requires the 'calories burned' field to be filled in, but I've absolutely no clue about calories and/or what it takes to burn them. So if anybody could shed a little light, that would be great!

How many calories would be burned in the following for example?
- A 5 minute quick cardio warm up (jumping jacks, burpees, squat jumps and the like)
- A 10 minute ab workout (crunches, reverse crunches, double led lifts, core moves etc)
- A 20 minute full body workout (core, abs, arms, legs - Variation of everything)
- A 10 minute arm workout (Push ups, plank variations etc)

I of course don't need exact numbers since I know that wouldn't be possible, but maybe just a rough guide so I can fill it in better?
Thanks in advance for any help :) xo

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    This is what she says on her website:
    Oh and side note, if you’re wondering how many calories Pop Pilates or Pop Cardio burns – choose calisthenics for Pop Pilates and choose circuit training for Pop Cardio. With your age, height, and weight, you’ll be able to pretty accurately gauge how much you burned doing my videos.
    Read more at blogilates.com/blog/2011/03/07/3697883302/#QWl8flBUTlILcvsy.99
  • gerryleanne92
    gerryleanne92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, perfect!
    I gave it a good Google search but couldn't find anything - Thank you! xo
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    You're welcome... you should have gone to the source. LOL! :smile:
  • AliluniqueLaura
    AliluniqueLaura Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. It tells you fairly accurately and is easy to use. I use polar FT4