My name is Nancy

Options
i need to lose about 60 lbs. I'm 66 yrs old. I have four dogs, 8 kids, and 12 grandchildren. I love sweets. I need encouragement.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Nancy I am turning 64 next month and was 75 pounds over my idea weight and now am 40 over. By accident trying to manage my arthritis pain I moved to a Low Low Carb High Fat eating lifestyle that is working out very well and I never plan to diet again because when I diet to lose weight I have always gained it back and more.

I abused sweets for 40 years in a major way and tried to taper off for two month then finally got so ticked I just went off sugar, grains and most all carbs (<50 grams a day).

At my age my time is running out to extend quality of life by eating lifestyles.

Best of results Doing it for self and family can be a huge encouragement.
  • billyfleet1988
    Options
    I'm a 26 year old male, I know that means we don't have much in common but hear me out. From personal experience, dieting by restricting certain foods, especially if they are your weakness, usually ends up in failure. I am a peanut butter junkie and PB is absolutely packed with calories. I do my best to cut this out but sometimes I just need to have a spoonful to get it out of my system and this works wonders for me.

I slowly worked my way into a high protein, high fat (good fats) and low carb diet and it has been very successful. I found that in the first week I tend to look for excuses to get piles of carbs but I keep determined and stick to my daily goal. Once this because the new normal its not that hard. Keep active an keep determined and you'll be unstoppable.

Keep motivation at your finger tips and don't lose sight of you're goal. You have my full support! If you want to follow me or ask anything specific, I'm more than willing to help.

Cheers
  • antikebabe
    antikebabe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nancy I am turning 64 next month and was 75 pounds over my idea weight and now am 40 over. By accident trying to manage my arthritis pain I moved to a Low Low Carb High Fat eating lifestyle that is working out very well and I never plan to diet again because when I diet to lose weight I have always gained it back and more.

I abused sweets for 40 years in a major way and tried to taper off for two month then finally got so ticked I just went off sugar, grains and most all carbs (<50 grams a day).

At my age my time is running out to extend quality of life by eating lifestyles.

• antikebabe
    Options
    antikebabe wrote: »

• antikebabe
    Options
    Billyfleet1988 I want to thank you for writing me. I love pb also. I get two TV and slice up an apple to dip in it. I think I will buy some whipped pb soon. I would follow you but I don't know how. I'm trying to stick with 1400 calories a day. I gained 20lbs in 12 weeks because of prednisone. I don't exercise much yet. Thanks for encouraging me
  • antikebabe
    Options
    Gale-Hawkins. Thanks for writing Gale. I was just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and have 20 extra pounds to lose from the prednisone. I can't give up carbs like you have but I'm proud of you for being so determined. I hope I can stick to this. I'm worried about Valentines and going out to eat this weekend. Keep up the good work.