What is your best weight loss tip? And where are you from?

Replies

• Brooklyn

I'd say two things:
    1) Don't get hung up on any one meal. Look at your week as a whole. Make sure you're eating well most of the time and stay under your # for the day.
    2) Remind yourself this is a long term process. It should be slow going. Just keep going in the same direction. :)

Lots of luck!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    My best tip.... BE KIND TO YOURSELF.

So much of weight loss is a mental battle & has to do with our attitudes. It's easy to subtly undermine our efforts by assigning negative thoughts to certain foods or missed workouts or the way we look in the mirror.... I believe you've won at least half the battle if you can be gracious to yourself, and start replacing negative messages with positive ones.

This is what I focused on last year and yes, I reached my goal weight (and have been maintaining for 2 months). I've also started hitting some serious PRs in my running since I no longer tell myself things like "I'm just a slow runner."

Watch your thoughts. Be kind to yourself. Best wishes.

From, Tacoma, Washington.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Don't be too hard on yourself, or too easy. From Cleveland currently living near Greenville, South Carolina.
  • nancyhfuller
    nancyhfuller Posts: 25 Member
    B) You all are so kind and your words mean the world to me!!! Thank you so much!!
  • Hello :D I'm new too! I'm Karen from the UK. I lost just over 2 stone around 5 years ago but sadly put it all back on. I keep looking at 'fat' photos of me to stay motivated! It's tough around this time of year but I'm determined to lose the 2 1/2 stone by the summer. Wishing you lots of luck x
  • Just to add...I find a glass of ice cold water before and after every meal helps me feel fuller too! Best of luck.
  • nancyhfuller
    Hi Karen, feel free to add me as a friend. We can help each other out!!!
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Hi - I'm Pat from Michigan. Great advice. I'm new here but since I began I've been totally honest and written down everything, and I have to measure because my eye ball cup is probably two cups :blush: I have 245 pounds to lose....my advice to myself....never, never give up!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Kansas City, MO log everyday and keep positive
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    ~ Never quit
    ~ Realize this is a change you are making for life, not just a few months
    ~ Find different ways to reward yourself. Instead of buying yourself a "value" meal because you have been good stop and buy some new jewelry or make up. Food is fuel. That's it.
    ~ You will be hungry. You will be sore.
    ~ Get to the gym each day. Even if you are not in the mood. Once you are there you will work out, even if it is only for 10 minutes.
    ~ Keep your stomach full with water or veggies/salad.
    ~ Stop drinking alcohol.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    edited January 2015
    Don't get so frustrated with fluctuations and plateaus that you just quit because it makes you think that you aren't getting anywhere. You push through and the plateaus will eventually go away and you will be right back to losing again. The fluctuations are going to happen no matter what. Water weight, time of the month, whether or not you have pooped, ect. It passes as well. I'm from Kentucky.
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    I am from Sydney Australia; and my best weight lose tip for me is to detox and fast for one day, preferably before my weigh day. After a week of secret eating here, not logging in excat calories there..... Not putting in 100% effort into my swimming training...... It ceals the deal for me!
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    noexcusesjustresults2014 Posts: 212 Member
    edited January 2015
    Exercise a LOT then you can eat whatever you want. I lost weight and reached my goal weight of 123 pounds while consuming 2500 calories a day on average. Now I maintain at 2600 calories a day.

FYI I ran over 300 miles a month (plus lifting, yoga, etc) in Nov & Dec. I never would be able to exercise so much if I was not properly fueled with lots of food for energy
  • Fairly new to MFP but would like to make friends for support. What is you best tip for weight loss?

I've been a yoyo dieter practically all my life. This time has to be permanent as it's affecting my health. My tip is to write everything down and plan meals and shopping list!
  • No Pain, NO gain. Be persistent and you'll see the results soon. Trust me, you'll feel more than great!! Regards from Guatemala
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Eat less :).. Queensland
  • Stop eating the toddlers leftovers! I'm from Devon England :smile:
  • nancyhfuller
    Haha..Alex..my kids are grown but that has happened to me...Part of who I am today..Finding the old me!!!!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Stop eating the toddlers leftovers! I'm from Devon England :smile:

@alex_is_hungry Sadly, I probably gained 50 pounds doing this! So stupid.
  • Mine was having scampi tonight and i had to have a bit - but it's ok though because i only had broccoli and sweet potato (the chicken i cooked had gone bad-and i didn't want to kill myself)
    She practically forced it in my mouth.