Eating the right amount of calories and exercising and not losing weight... Why??

Options
I'm 5'6 and need to lose thirty pounds I eat 1500 calories and jogging three times a week and nothing.

Replies

• Sserbe
    Sserbe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and when I weighed 150 my doctor told me my caloric intake to just maintain my weight was 1400 calories. To lose weight I needed to Net about 900 calories (after exercise). I'd recommend finding out what your numbers are and make sure you're logging all your calories. It's easy to underestimate. Good luck and stay positive! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sserbe wrote: »
    I'm 5'6" and when I weighed 150 my doctor told me my caloric intake to just maintain my weight was 1400 calories. To lose weight I needed to Net about 900 calories (after exercise). I'd recommend finding out what your numbers are and make sure you're logging all your calories. It's easy to underestimate. Good luck and stay positive! :)

And just to show that everyone is different, at 5ft5 and 132lbs I lose on 1700 PLUS exercise cals.

OP how long have you been eating at a deficit and do you weigh all your food with scales?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    suha86 wrote: »
    I'm 5'6 and need to lose thirty pounds I eat 1500 calories and jogging three times a week and nothing.

My guess is there's a problem with either your logging (under-estimating) or your calorie burns (overestimating) or both

Refocus on logging

Weigh, do not measure / use cups, all solid food
    Measure all liquids
    Select database entries with care - double check against packaging and calorie guidelines on internet - never use other people's 'homemade' entries
    Log everything

Refocus on calorie burns
    Log half the calories the MFP database gives you for exercise
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Also set your diary to public so that people can offer specific advise
  • stabbycakes
    Options
    Try eating keto.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You say 'jogging 3 times a week' - how much effort do you put into your jogging? Are you sweating and breathless at the end of it? How far do you jog and for how long? It may be that your are only burning around 100 cals per time but eating more to compensate! (Speaking from experience here!) x
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Most likely, you are eating more than you think and moving less than you think.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    How is your tracking?

You can evaluate how well you are keeping your diary and settings with a report card

qryda4g4uorl.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/new-mfp-data-export-tool-major-update-659927
  • jkoch6599
    jkoch6599 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How is your tracking?

You can evaluate how well you are keeping your diary and settings with a report card

Wow, that's awesome.