Exercise on a raining day

Options
Hi,

So today is wet, a little windy and definitely not outdoor weather.

I was wondering if anyone has tips for exercise to do inside?

I am trying to get into a routine where I can exercise no matter what the weather is like, without having to go to a gym to do it.

I usually do interval running/walking (I am working towards running for a greater distance however this will take me time as I am so unfit)

Many thanks!

Replies

• llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Here's where I go for rainy day cardio: http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/full-length-workouts/
  • Bec_88
    Bec_88 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thank you! This website looks great! I have already chosen one to complete this afternoon.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    When I have someone to guide me on a run...I go rain or shine, windy or not, freezing or sweltering! Running in the rain is quite fun and refreshing! Plus makes me feel good doing it outside - and if it's cold rain teh shower afterwards is an even sweeter reward
  • Bec_88
    Options
    When I have someone to guide me on a run...I go rain or shine, windy or not, freezing or sweltering! Running in the rain is quite fun and refreshing! Plus makes me feel good doing it outside - and if it's cold rain teh shower afterwards is an even sweeter reward

I wish had seen your post sooner, it motivated me to go out and run in the cold and rain! Unfortunately it is now dark and I go by myself, but I will on my next run (Tuesday) go no matter the weather :)
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    we had a really bad winter here, freezing rain, wind etc., really hostile!

put on full ski gear, hat, goggles & and all, and went out walking, 5 miles,

hot shower on return, felt fab!!
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options

I wish had seen your post sooner, it motivated me to go out and run in the cold and rain! Unfortunately it is now dark and I go by myself, but I will on my next run (Tuesday) go no matter the weather :)

I love running in the rain. The sound of it. The cooling water on my hot face. The fact that it drives most people inside so the world is quiet except for the sound of my footfalls. The smiles you get from other joggers mad enough to be out in the rain.

Have fun!
  • itstartswithastep
    Options
    Youtube! It has everything on there, from yoga to most fitness DVDs. My favourites on there are 30day shred and definitely check out blogilates :) Have fun!
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    30 day shred.

I noticed results by day 4
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fhGXc6W-FI

Do that video as many times in a row as you can. I'm able to do 7. I edited it because that is the most intense mile on the whole dvd. Use hand & leg weights as well & trust me..... you will feel it.

Not just walking...it's cardio & full on.

I love it & this is ALL I am going to be doing for the next 3 months. Winter stops me from running cause the cold does play with my back badly.
  • Bec_88
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions!

I am going to incorporate each suggestion over the next week weeks, and hopefully I will see improvements with my fitness levels :)
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm loving doing these home routines :)http://www.nerdfitness.com/workouts/
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for increased cardio/endurance INSANITY is an incredibly tough but worthy DVD. However, it is all cardio just to give you the heads up.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Don't let the rain bother you. Last week it was raining on shoulder day. I have to do them outside for clearance reasons it was raining so I put on a sweater and used more chalk. The neighbours just thought I was crazy. But at least they won't ask to borrow
    My ****.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    In my climate rain is usually accompanied by lightning. That's what keeps me indoors.