Primal Blueprint?

boomboom011
boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
what is this? im looking at the website however I dont really want to invest in another book that will sit on my nightstand with dust on it. any information would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    It's an eating "clean" method that gets rid of everything the cave men didn't eat: grains, rice, and even legumes I believe.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Exactly what she said. I started reading the book because my friend sent me a free copy and I decided right away I couldn't do it. It's not something I could do for life.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    It's an eating "clean" method that gets rid of everything the cave men didn't eat: grains, rice, and even legumes I believe.

I don't like grains or rice, I could drop them tomorrow from my diet & never miss them. I've been considering giving this book a read.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com

Start there, check the links to the right about Primal Blueprint 101, also various "Definitive guide to's..." on the site. There's really no need for the book - the website is a literal treasure trove of information.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    At the surface - it's "don't eat grains / legumes" but it goes a fair amount deeper to that - avoiding "chronic cardio", getting plenty of sunlight, avoiding injury, avoiding poison (i.e. artificial foods), getting plenty of play and activity...

Mostly good tips, some controversial (saturated fat is GOOD).
This discussion has been closed.