5'3" female REALLY REALLY need some advice about fitness routine!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hey, I'm 5'4" and I've been as heavy as 178, though didn't start quite that high with this app. I second the advice about lifting. I lost 25 pounds lifting on a deficit with minimal cardio, and I can't imagine how my body would look now if I had lost a bunch of muscle along with the fat. Just give it a try! You might like it.

How do you like the TDEE method? Just checking because you were talking about your calorie burns...Are you eating exercise calories back?

I didn't see if you were weighing your food on a food scale or not either, but that is important.

Yes, I do like it. I actually was advised that I'm not eating enough. I kind of figured that after netting less than 1000 calories after exercising but I didn't realize that my initial calorie intake is too low too, so I really do HAVE to start eating back the exercise calories, at least some to net 1200 cals at least. I do weigh and measure everything, and also I log EVERYTHING that I eat and drink. I definitely know that I don't drink enough water, that's something I have to work on too.

Yeah, well if you're using the TDEE method you're not supposed to eat them back, but 1400 and all that exercise without eating anything back seems low...Hmm...Have you tried just using the MFP NEAT method or do you prefer the TDEE?

And yes, make sure you're netting at least 1200, absolutely.
  • Debbieclark11
    Debbieclark11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have very similar stats! I just saw this post.......... so here we are a month later -- how is it going? Have you had anymore success??? If so please share! :)

I am sending you a FR