Ran my first 5K race today!

Options
Today I did the Run or Dye and while it took forever to finally get started it was a lot of fun and nice to know that I could actually do it! I run another one in four weeks!

I would have never been able to do this two months ago, it is exciting to see how far I have come.

Replies

• sdwojtas
    sdwojtas Posts: 13
    Options
    Congrats! It's a great feeling when you do finish!
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful achievement!
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Congratulations!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    congrats such a great feeling just did my second one today
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it seem amazing to be able to run a 5k? I did my third one today and nearly ran all of it (2.94) before the heat and humidity did me in. I finished by walking the rest.

Congrats on your first but certainly not your last 5k!!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's a real accomplishment. I won't be trying it till this fall, but I'm always I spired by seeing others do it. Keeps me going with c25k.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being bitten by the running bug! :heart: running NSVs:drinker: !
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Thank you everyone, it was wonderful and I was happy to accomplish that goal I had set for myself. Now I am looking for more 5Ks and am planning my training to move up to 10k!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :) such a good feeling!
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    well done hunni, ooo you'll love 10k its not so speedy but heaps more fun:smile:
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It sure is addictive! Congratulations!!
  • chavaaguirre
    chavaaguirre Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!