Just for today...I'm doing the necessary.

Options
I'm Sharon and I have yo-yo'd all my life--just like my Mom. I've watched her throughout my 55+ years go from 250+ down to 125 lbs at least 4 times and she is back up over 200

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Not a fun way to live. I did the same most of my life, as my own mom did. I have committed to logging my calories for the rest of my life. It takes 5 mins and it is what has allowed me to lose the weight initially and maintain for 8 months now. So my advice since you are just beginning is to educate yourself. I did a lot of reading and spent a lot of time on MFP going through the forums and learning what successful people have practiced to make this work. Be patient. Learn something new every day and dont stop...no matter what.
  • smella2014
    Options
    I'm a lifelong yo-yo dieter as well and I spend a lot of time beating myself up for failing at it, so much so that I don't even want to try anymore. So im just taking it day by day for now, and getting back into tracking my food, even if I go over my daily allowance.
    Baby steps right?
  • investlady529
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I've tried all sorts of ways and food plans. I sometimes feel like I should have a nutrition degree but it has been no good without daily application.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    lol...very true! You can read all you want but you have to apply it. (that was also me)
  • smella2014
    Options
    Haha YEP I've definitely felt the same!!! I've often found trying something new has kept me motivated for longer. Of course what do you do when you feel
    Like you've tried everything right? Lol