Newbie here and excited

Options
Name: Lisa
Height: 5'6"
Highest weight: 199lbs
current weight:192lbs
Goal weight; 125lbs

I'm a mom to 2 beautiful special needs children ages 11 & 13. Married 14 years and have a goldendoodle named Brooke. I found MFP after seeing myself in photos from a recent family party in December. Needless to say, I was horrified at how much weight I had gained. I was always a size US 3/4 until 2007 when I injured my back, hip & shoulders in a car accident. Looking forward to taking my life back. I've lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks just eating healthy and riding the recumbent bike 45 mins every morning - logging all my food has kept me motivated and on track.

Replies

• glwage
    glwage Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Lisa and good luck achieving your goals! You can do it!
  • jackiesueeastman
    jackiesueeastman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaaack...I have gained and lost weight hundreds of times. I just retired and am ready to be a "Hot Nana"! I am excited and ready. We have similar goals. Would love to journey with you...
  • jentroconis77
    jentroconis77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Lisa, keep up the good work, remember that weight loss is like 80% food 20% exercise, I love MFP for logging food as well, keeps me accountable and motivated. Especially when you log a food that you love and come to realize that there is a lot more fat in it than anything else ( Peanut Butter yes I am talking about you ).
    Feel free to add me :)
    Jen
  • Lucy_6678
    Lucy_6678 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lisa hi!
    I am also a parent to a 11 year old and 13 year old! I am an 8th grade teacher. I also have a 3 year old cockapoo and a 9 month old goldendoodle! Feel free to add me as a friend. I am looking for others to help me on my journey. Hopefully we can motivate each other!