Weight gain :(

Options
This is my third week on MFP. The first two weeks I lost weight. This week though I gained weight :( I didn't do anything different from the first two weeks. Feeling frustrated!!

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Could be anything. It happens to everyone. Weightloss will not happen every single week, and due to a number of factors you will gain occasionally.

I am 41lbs down, 5 away to meeting goal and I gained this week. Not really stressing it. It's happened before; and wi happen again.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Normal daily fluctuations. Just keep doing what you're doing, these things take patience.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Temporary water retention can be issues if you don't watch your sodium or work out especially hard. Keep up what you're doing but weigh your food. Accurate and honest logging will tell you all you need to know.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Water retention due to salt. Water retention due to period. Water retention due to ovulation. Water retention due to booze....

And, possibly, the first weeks: some water LOSS, making your actual loss seem bigger.

Keep going. Don't get discouraged.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's annoying, I agree, but it happens. I usually don't lose the week before my period (or even gain a pound), and while it does not exactly make me happy, I try not to stress about it. Keep going, and try to focus on the bigger picture :)
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Definitely possible that you're bloated. I tend to go up as much as four pounds mid cycle, but lose it and then some usually. It's best not to try to read too mich into it until you've been at this for 3-4 months and can really begin to see the trends.
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow I was just trying to read up on how periods influence weight loss and it's being mentioned here right when I need to see it. Now that I'm about 15lbs from my goal I definitely see a gain/stall the week before and during, despite being extra careful with logging and going to the gym as many days as I can. That could explain what's going on with you! Bodies are weird lol