5'2.5", 135lbs aiming for 125lbs

If anyone else is around my height/weight, please let me know what you've been doing and if you've had any success (how long before you saw results etc...). I've been eating healthy and exercising daily for the last 2 weeks, and I haven't lost any weight yet. I am however feeling better in my own skin.

Any tips? I've mostly been doing yoga and walking (a lot).

Food ideas would be greatly appreciated! I'm getting a bit sick of salads and chicken for dinner...

Replies

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    I'm 5'2. I'm 132 down from 158. Looking to be 115-120. Add me ^^
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    I'm 5'3" and have dropped almost 40 pounds so far! You can do it! Add me as a friend if you want.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    When you are aiming for the last few pounds your calorie counting has to be more precise. Do you own a food scale? And you don't have to eat chicken and salad everyday. That will certainly get boring after awhile.
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    No, I don't have a food scale, but I've been (mostly) measuring everything out in measuring cups. I have cut down my beer drinking significantly (I've had in the last 2 weeks what I would normally drink every day), and I've barely been eating any chocolate or sweets. I am a bit of a pig with sweets. I've been eating loooads of fruits and veggies. Do you think that's why I"m not seeing a weight drop? Water retention?

I know it'll take a while before I start to see results, but I really thought I'd have seen SOMETHING by now.

What kind of foods do you guys eat? Can you give me examples of a typical breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    A scale is the big factor when you are close to your goal weight. Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Thanks for sharing!
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    I'm 5'2" 121. My highest weight was 195. I'm aiming for around 116 maybe lower. Don't really care about the number, just want to get my body fat and cellulite down some more. I usually eat an average of 1500-1900 and am losing very slowly. I try to eat at least 90g of protein daily and lift heavy weights twice a week (stronglifts 5x5) and walk a mile or two daily. I have noticed the greatest changes since I began lifting and eating more protein. All cardio seemed to make me very flabby, or that may have been my low protein diet. I've learned a lot since I began using mfp in 2012. I have only lost 15 pounds since then but here is my before and now: 136 to 121
    1a5cndhuo9md.jpg
  • DraMagg13
    DraMagg13 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey! I'm also 5"2 and I went from 140 pounds in Dec 2011 to 117 in Oct 2013 (and then stopped tracking my food, gave me a little too much space and stayed a little over 6 months with too little/no exercise due an injury and ended up in 126 as right now.. tracking my food definitively helped me A LOT back then.. At the moment I was doing kickboxing dvds at home like 3-4 times/week and I used to weight in + take measurements once a week or every other week.. Now, I'm doing Omni fit (which is a little bit like crossfit with a lot of cardio and it's outdoors) and starting back tracking and WRITTING everything.. Add me if you'd like :wink: