Need to lose 20 lbs by June.

Options
2»

Replies

• ninayoungdog617
    ninayoungdog617 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I started thanksgiving week. To date I've lost 22 lbs. it is math, plain and simple. You have to put yourself on a specific calorie intake and stick to it. Create a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. Everyone can do it. Burn off calories and only take in a controlled amount. I'm on 1200 calories a day. Exercise 5 days a week. No cheating allowed. Sounds strict but that is how it is done.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I started thanksgiving week. To date I've lost 22 lbs. it is math, plain and simple. You have to put yourself on a specific calorie intake and stick to it. Create a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. Everyone can do it. Burn off calories and only take in a controlled amount. I'm on 1200 calories a day. Exercise 5 days a week. No cheating allowed. Sounds strict but that is how it is done.

I hope you mean 1200 net kcal per day, rather than total.
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yaas that's about my goal too.
    And thanks Nina for your just frickin do it attitude, much needed :blush:
  • louise1836
    Options
    Please add me.....I'm looking to drop 30lbs by July for vacation.
  • Mimis04
    Options
    Same here I want to loose 20 lbs by june, I wanna look nice for a family quinceañera, we can do this
  • luffins
    luffins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think this is realistic. I'm graduating college this summer and I would like to be able to buy some good interview clothing.
  • akoskol
    Options
    I'm in too! I want to finally feel good in a bikini. Let's go!
  • mangokitten
    mangokitten Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    20lb will get me to my goal weight...which I've been trying (and failing) to get to for several years now. This is the year it needs to happen. I'm sick of my new years resolution always being to lose weight. 1lb of fat a week it totally do-able and knowing I'm in the same boat as you guys will help keep me motivated. Thanks!
  • DaisyChain80
    DaisyChain80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi all I can't add friends on my iPad for some reason
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    June is 17 weeks away from today
    If you start now, you may lose up to 5 lbs in the first week.
    That gives you 16 more weeks to lose 1 pound per week.
    To lose 1 pound per week (3500 calories), eat 500 calories less per day than your body uses.
    For me, 55 yr old guy, I burn about 2400 per day when I don't exercise.
    So I could eat 1900 per day (as long as its not all sugar and carbs) and easily hit that goal.

Currently I'm eating about 1300 - 1400 and not yet exercising. I changed my automated MFP goals so I eat less carbs and less sodium.