Getting my macros to work with My Fitness Pal.

Options
So I was turned on to IIFYM Calculater, as a focused effort to loose about 20 lbs, yes the 20 that won't go away! I can't find a way to get the exact info from the macros calculater onto my fitness pal. Even when I try to just get close, either my fat or my carbs are extremely high. Anybody else utilizing macro's and have any insight on how I can log my food and at a quick glance see if I'm on target or not? Thanks :D

Replies

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I just remember my protein and fat targets (more or less), and then work on making sure I hit those first. Pre-logging for the day makes it much easier to do this, since I can juggle quantities to get close to my targets before I even start the day.

As long as I'm close to my protein and fat target, I don't care about carbs, since they'll fall into place. I think this is the way most people using IIFYM tend to think of it.

You can set your macros using the Custom setting in Goals, or use an add-in macro for your browser, which lets you put the exact numbers in.
  • jaltimore
    jaltimore Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me. I tried custom setting in goals, but couldn't get close enough. What add in macro for chrome would you recommend? Protein and fat targets only May work.... No calorie count then I would suppose?