Vinegar for weight-loss

Options
I am attempting the vinegar weight-loss challenge. many people have tried it and claimed success. I am going to give it a go myself. Anyone hear anything about it that they are willing to share? Anyone else trying it or willing to try?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    vt4e9fiw0v22.gif
    382.gif 463.9K
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    as in apple cider vinegar> I am on that every day. they say it works..
  • cactusscraps
    cactusscraps Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've read about people taking Apple cider vinegar, tried it once it was awful. But would be curious to know if it works!
  • tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sounds nasty. I will stick with water and real food :)
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    According to the USDA cider vinegar only has 50 calories per cup, so I suppose if you were drinking it instead of eating other foods, you'd reduce your calorie intake.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1600x1200.jpg
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. Good luck.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    tell me more about it......... never heard of it
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat less food?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Uhh... I've never heard of said challenge, but if you're drinking vinegar instead of eating or something, yeah, don't do that.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    buffy_drinking.gif
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I heard it helps clear up your skin, but thats about it....and I don't know how much of that I believe. If you create a reasonable calorie deficit you should lose weight.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    someone at work was doing that, and was drinking so much of it, it was coming out of his pores. No one wanted to sit next to him because he stunk from it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It does help with blood sugar control and blood sugar spikes/plunges can lead to false hunger and an urge to overeat.

I don't think it's been studied enough to really say whether it helps with weight loss, but it's not going to be a magic solution. You still have to have a calorie deficit. If the taste keeps you from eating for a while, I suppose that could help.

Post back after your challenge and let us know how it goes.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Vinegar kills bacteria and would kill all those beneficial bacteria in your gut. You would have to conclude your vinegar experiment with a yogurt cleanse.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    buffy_drinking.gif

That how I look when I used to drink Vodka. Yuck.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I found a "recipe" for a drink called "Kool Aid". It was tea made with a fruit flavored herbal tea that had 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar added to a gallon. Served over ice it was a fruity no calorie drink.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Why? Even in the study that was done on this the people who drank vinegar only lost slightly more than the people who didn't AND they gained the weight back immediately afterwards. Why not just eat healthy and watch calories and learn how to change your diet?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    I found a "recipe" for a drink called "Kool Aid". It was tea made with a fruit flavored herbal tea that had 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar added to a gallon. Served over ice it was a fruity no calorie drink.

Who created that recipe, Jim Jones?