how many times a day do ya'll work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    technically, as long as you stay aerobic, it doesn't matter how many times a day you work out, as long as you give your body enough time to recover. But that said, it's not any better to workout all at once or split it up into multiple sessions. If you're getting tired at the end one of a few things could be happening: 1) you don't have enough energy to finish, have a drink with you that provides some carbohydrate calories during the activity. 2) You are depleting your electrolytes, have a drink or a banana, something with electrolytes in it (watch out, many of these drinks have lots of hidden calories) 3) you are overtraining, you aren't giving your body enough time to recover every week, you should have at least 1 day of light or no exercise to give your body a chance for full recovery, even elite athletes do this.

these are the obvious reasons, there could be something else, but off the top of my head I can't think of what they would be.
    Thank you!!:flowerforyou:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I can see the benefits theoretically in splitting to two workouts but for me I am not a morning person and I feel that I am not very good at exercising in the morning so I prefer to do a session in the afternoon and go hard. I just make sure it is an intense session that I do.

Depends what your goals are though ie. an endurance athlete is obviously going to want to spend more time training (MSST) as opposed to a sprinter e.g.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    hey guys! thank you so much for your feedback

I have not been taking any days off (or very rarely) so I definitely will try to start doing that... I just feel really guilty when I don't run on a day

and I think I a going to start trying to break up my workouts so I do not tire out... I need to start waking up earlier anyway and I ahve lots of extra time now that it is summer =)

thank you all so much for the responses!

Ahh now feeling guilty about missing a day's training - that brings back memories , seriously!

Not gonna nag you, but just wanted to say that a day off is when your body repairs itself - ie all those tiny, tiny little muscle tears that everybody gets during training, the day's rest is when the body gets to work and does some DIY on repairs. Other than that, make the very most of your workouts and training, at least they don't seem to be a chore to you and you are enjoying them! Good on you! :happy: